F1 2019 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Multimedia Forum

Multimedia Forum Computer, IT, Browser, Online, TV, Radio, Film, Smartphone & Technology Questions & Discussion. Any questions or discussion relating to computers, browsers, technology, software, smartphones, smart home appliances, smart TV, Radio, Films, Netflix/video set up, Publications/Magazines, Photobucket, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Ebay, Paypal and even TV shows and games, XBox etc - please ask in here. Eventually we should build a helpful database of answers to many regular IT and broadcast questions.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 16-03-2019, 07:17 PM   #1
Last Triumph
Help! I'm trapped in here

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (8)

Default F1 2019

So I forced myself to watch the qualifying and ended up surfing the net with it on in the background.

No drama, no spectacle, nothing to hold my interest and the Mercs are at the front of the grid by a huge margin.

Yawn.

After 27 years of never missing a single qualifying or race, I think this will be the season F1 loses me.

Last Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 10:55 AM   #2
mickB
Plastic Manc Glory Hunter

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (11)

Well it was on sky1 channel, glad I didn't and will not pay and extra 32 a month for sky f1 channel
Race was well yea predictable
mickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 02:22 PM   #3
Last Triumph

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickB View Post
Well it was on sky1 channel, glad I didn't and will not pay and extra 32 a month for sky f1 channel
Race was well yea predictable
Very little overtaking, very little drama and large quantities of money and resource consumed in the process.

I'll admit the fastest lap angle at the end kept my eyes on the screen for about 3 minutes, but the rest was effectively just background commentary whilst I did other stuff.

Th engine noise is still a big factor for me and the lack of overtaking is no better despite all the tweaking and new wings etc.

I'll give it a few more races then likely give up and just maybe catch the odd highlights show if things don't improve.
Last Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19-03-2019, 12:52 PM   #4
Grahamini
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

It was very boring after the first couple of corners. The fastest lap thing was ok, but a bit false in my opinion. Really hope it's not going to be another Mercedes walk over this year. Also, bring back Ted's Notebook !
Grahamini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:16 PM   #5
mickB

VZi Member Sponsor

Actually enjoyed that race, plenty to watch, leclerc is a future champion, plenty mid pack cars similar in pace, mclarens up there, Renault loosing both cars time poor riciardo does he regret his move I wonder, only spoiler was hamiltosser winning by default
Old 02-04-2019, 06:38 AM   #6
clarkson

Trading feedback: (1)

I watched Melbourne, it was meh. I just haven't got 2 hours to waste on the next one.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:46 AM   #7
Grahamini
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickB View Post
Actually enjoyed that race, plenty to watch, leclerc is a future champion, plenty mid pack cars similar in pace, mclarens up there, Renault loosing both cars time poor riciardo does he regret his move I wonder, only spoiler was hamiltosser winning by default
At least Hamilton acknowledged he was gifted the win I suppose. Leclerc was amazing though. It looked like Vettel just couldn't cope with him.
Old 14-04-2019, 07:37 AM   #8
mickB

VZi Member Sponsor

I take it back this race is just boring
Old 14-04-2019, 08:09 AM   #9
Grahamini
Seasoned Chat Slut

It's not a good showcase for race 1000. Other than the Vettel / Verstappen tussle it's been bit quiet.
edit: Merc even had time to double stack in the pit stops and still cruise to another 1- 2 finish !

Last edited by Grahamini; 14-04-2019 at 08:10 PM..
Old 14-04-2019, 10:15 PM   #10
simondo
Seasoned Chat Slut

VZi Member Sponsor

Going by current reviews, I am pleased I have not watched any yet.