wheres good in isle of wight? - Page 3 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > VZI REGIONS, HOLIDAYS, TRIPS, NIGHTS OUT > South West

South West Campsites, Holidays, Days or Nights Out in the South West

Advertise on Volkszone.com

Reply Post New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #21
VDUB WANNABE
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (0)

I've just come back forma weekend on the Isle of Wight....did'nt go in the van though!

On the ferry I picked up a leaflet about camp sites and deals. If you go to www.redfunnel.co.uk/camping.

They are doing deals of 5 nights, pitch on campsite (for a tent/motor home), ferry for four people from 105.

I thought that was quite good, although it does say " FROM 105".
Old 04-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #22
VDUB WANNABE
Chat Slapper

just read the first post....I see you have found the offer anyway and hence thats what prompted you to place your post.

Excuse me while a slap myself
Old 09-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #23
Whitey82
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (11)

gutted,went to book up a week in june for waverley park and fully booked all june and july the other sites are still available though, anyone been to the other sites?

Old 25-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #24
Whitey82
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (11)

just booked a week at whitecliff bay first week in july just after bvf, only 145 quid for 7 nights including ferry! looks nice,right next to beach too!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #25
CockneyPlayboy
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by D11BBA View Post
Dubdayz annual weeks holiday '09 was spent at Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park.......

We all thought the Camp was mint, and the Island is just great apart from the roads......Low vans beware

We had a great time, and made welcome, going to an Island Dub meet while we were there.......

As a kid I used to stay here every other year..... Whitecliff Bay is an awesome location, overlooking a nice beach, close to Sandown and not too far from Shanklin... a really good base to explore the island.

Mind you we used to camp in the big mobile home static caravans on site rather than tenting it so I'm not too sure how far down that section of the site is......
Old 10-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #26
HelNo2
Chat Slapper

I stayed at Carpenters Farm last week which was great. 11 per night in August can't be bad and level pitches too. The only let down is the number of showers but they were clean and warm.

Don't expect much in the way of facilities but it's close to Ryde and Shanklin.

I'd recommend it to anyone.
HelNo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread