aston martin style kitcar - Page 103 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 24-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #1021
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (2)

'E Type' . . . pity about the Q plate . . .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-E-...E/123516581186

Brian Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2018, 12:30 PM   #1022
Mr.Orange
Help! I'm trapped in here

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Burrows View Post
'E Type' . . . pity about the everything . . .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-E-...E/123516581186

FTFY

I mean, how can you get back lights so wrong???

Mr.Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2018, 12:45 PM   #1023
pedalcarjoe

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (13)

un bloody believable
pedalcarjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2018, 01:04 PM   #1024
Last Triumph

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalcarjoe View Post

un bloody believable
Big, thick, uneven window rubbers without the chrome mouldings are also a usual 'crap kit' give away.

I appreciate that a lot of effort goes into building and finishing any car, but you have to question some of the decision making that goes on during execution.

I can't get past the part where the builder/creator is sitting there and has to decide where to position something, like the rear lights for example.

Surely that person has a catalogue of photos of originals from all sorts of angles or has taken some accurate measurements from an original and has notes somewhere that say "So they're 'this' far apart, angled 'this' way, dead level with 'this' other detail and with a gap beneath of 'this'...." etc. How can you do it any other way?
Last Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #1025
dc66
I'm not an addict... honest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Triumph View Post
Big, thick, uneven window rubbers without the chrome mouldings are also a usual 'crap kit' give away.

I appreciate that a lot of effort goes into building and finishing any car, but you have to question some of the decision making that goes on during execution.

I can't get past the part where the builder/creator is sitting there and has to decide where to position something, like the rear lights for example.

Surely that person has a catalogue of photos of originals from all sorts of angles or has taken some accurate measurements from an original and has notes somewhere that say "So they're 'this' far apart, angled 'this' way, dead level with 'this' other detail and with a gap beneath of 'this'...." etc. How can you do it any other way?
The lights obviously went on at the end of the build, by which time he was probably sick to death of the bloody thing and just wanted to finish it so he could sell it!..... A feeling I'm sure plenty of us have had! Lol

Tiss poor though
dc66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2018, 05:11 PM   #1026
Last Triumph

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc66 View Post
The lights obviously went on at the end of the build, by which time he was probably sick to death of the bloody thing and just wanted to finish it so he could sell it!..... A feeling I'm sure plenty of us have had! Lol

Tiss poor though
I hear you, but there's still too much effort gone into it for that to be the MO. Putting something in the correct position doesn't take long at all.

I can only put it down to them not having the eyes (of any description) for this type of work, or just not caring.
Last Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2018, 08:05 PM   #1027
Grahamini
Seasoned Chat Slut

Oh my ...

https://www.facebook.com/GentlemenDr...3930321032386/
Grahamini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2018, 09:21 PM   #1028
slim_adi

Trading feedback: (1)

Oh my...for different reasons !!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1951-Replic...4:pf:0&vxp=mtr
Old 24-12-2018, 10:07 PM   #1029
Mr.Orange

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_adi View Post
I do actually feel sorry for these people.

They obviously don't have any true friends that will give tham a slap and say "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"
Mr.Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 10:28 AM   #1030
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_adi View Post
Brian Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread