My beetle 1970 - Page 5 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Readers Rides

Readers Rides Post pics, specs and build-up stories of your vehicles - or even your garages here. Also interesting stuff about your 'daily drivers' etc. or interesting cars you have seen on your travels, even motors-based TV shows you can recommend. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #41
Zebedee
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (6)

Is it rotten along the bit the bonnet seal fits in (infront of the windscreen)?
That bit is solid on mine. I bought a replacement dash/complete scuttle to replace the lot so that bit'll be spare.
Its yours if its any use. May take me a while to finally get it all cut out though.
Zebedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #42
lamby1992
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (1)

Yep that's the bit I took a pic to show you it's only eatch side the middles fine I have done a bit to night removed all the steering column and the front beam and then cut the filler cap out and made a panel to go into it i have got the right curve on it and taked it in place sorry bad picture
lamby1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #43
lamby1992
Wannabe Chat Slut

I have done a bit more this week I have removed most of the paint of the front end now and just thought I would cut out everything that I am going to replace lower down and to day I have just taked the bottem half of the bulk head in here are a few pictaures . hopefully I should get a bit more done tomorrow.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #44
Zebedee

Replacing big chunks doesn't have make a difference doesn't it?
Old 08-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #45
VW-Bugger
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (2)

Sterling effort, looking very good mate!

'If it's sent by ship then it's a cargo, if it's sent by road then it's a shipment'

‘If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it’
VW-Bugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #46
lamby1992
Wannabe Chat Slut

I have done a bit more to day I tacked both sides up I have fully weldid one side most of the day was spent getting the front taked up so it fitted the bonnet and wings right so that is all taked up to and the I have cleaned up a few parts at home just the dizzie and the coil and repainted the inside of my lights I will be back to it on Monday I will be glad when all of the welding is done I am enjoying working on it tho.
Old 13-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #47
lamby1992
Wannabe Chat Slut

Here is a quick update of what I have been upto the last few nights I started of by welding the lower front quarter panel on the right side and then I weldid up the front on the outside and I have finally weldid the bulk head in properly to I haven't Plug weldid the bottem of it tho because I noticed a bit of the heater channel slips inside it and plug weldid in My dad come up and started on my Pre 67 rear valance so he drilled all of the spot welds out to remove the side panels witch were on it and we just placed it on an it fitted perfect so I am happy and then he started to remove the paint for me so that will get weldid on when I get it all the wings on and all lined up.
Old 15-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #48
lamby1992
Wannabe Chat Slut

Bit of a update today it's been a long day of patching but both front quarters are near enuf done all that needs doing are replacing 3 bolt holes on the right side I just need to order them I need to replace the scuttle panel to but I need to get one first so if any one had a good one for sale let me know.
Old 16-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #49
Zebedee

Nice work on the front end.

Just had a poke at the scuttle on mine and its holed under the seal strip too.
Old 17-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #50
lamby1992
Wannabe Chat Slut

Cheers mate it's getting there know just need another week on it and onto the heater channels. Ok mate no problem I have just got hold of one so I can finish the front.
Reply Post New Thread