Volkszone Forum banner

Sango sands, Durness

9K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  peakphil 
#1 ·
This site is about as far north as you can go, it really is in the middle of nowhere. It is on the northernmost coast of Scotland and has a good pub on site, there is some fantastic beaches along this whole coast and some good surf spots. Long run to get there but worth a look. Very remote. Apparently John Lennon used to go there as a boy so how bad can it be.

#3 ·
amazing spot, i park up at faraid head in the car park.
before the cash machine was put in there, a few times a week a van with a cash machine in the side of it, used to park up dispense and bugger off again!
really anywhere from ullapool up is amazing. really, we should keep quiet about it!

#4 ·
Remember to pack your Chocks! Depending on where you pitch - usually you find a spot and the lady comes for her money later if the office is closed.

Beach though it's just down the cliff - literally if you dont have a good handbrake!

Dogs are welcome, showers hot, if a little dated, but clean.

I've yet to see the Dolphins and Orca's but I'm told this site has an amazing view when they do journey past

#5 ·
We've done this bit of coastline many times; without doubt one of the most beautiful areas in Britain.

Its getting busier though... we were up there this summer, and most of the car-parks were twice as busy as 10 years ago.

The best beach is about 4 miles east of Durness!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.