Volkszone Forum banner

The one car you would like to own

5K views 109 replies 48 participants last post by  Mr Slug 
#1 ·
Following on from the best/worst cars threads . . .

If money was no object, what ONE car would you love to own - either a Sunday toy or daily?

Just one dream car.

Maybe add a link to an advert or an image.

I think I'd like an Aston Martin DB5 (although I've never driven one.)

Something like this . . .

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1147577

:)

See less See more
#3 ·
If I had unlimited resources, I’d love to be able to get my hands on an absolutely mint mid-70s Bay panel van, to use as a daily.

But if we’re talking about toys, my ultimate would be a Scammell Trunker II with the big Rolls-Royce engine, and a suitable trailer.

Attachments

#6 ·
356 Coupe.... just love it, will probably build a rep in the future as the real deals are around £80k for something with work needing doing or over £100k for a great one....

also with a rep i wouldn't have to worry about putting a big engine in it or non original stuff ect

#7 ·
A TR6, it's the one car that I've never changed my mind about wanting.

…...but as you've asked today and I'm in a different mood, a Sunbeam Tiger.

It'll be something else tomorrow.

*Whatever car I pick today, tomorrow and the next day, the urge for a TR6 will always remain.

#9 ·
I'd love an early 911 but for pure sillyness i've always wanted either an AEC matator or a Scammell Explorer.

I missed out on a matador timber tractor a few years ago. Nowhere to store something so big so it was cut up for scrap and its engine is now used to power a generator. :(

#10 ·
A Porsche - either 356, 912 or an early 911
Lotus Europa (the breadvan ones, not the new ones)
Lamborghini Muira
'32 Ford Roadster
new Audi RS6

It's a very long list but right at the top is a 49-51 Mercury leadsled. Specifically this one:

The Hirohata Mercury built by George Barris.

Info here: https://www.historicvehicle.org/award-winning-custom-hirohata-merc/

Just stunning.

#12 ·
Following on from the best/worst cars threads . . .

If money was no object, what ONE car would you love to own - either a Sunday toy or daily?

Just one dream car.

Maybe add a link to an advert or an image.

:)
I had a funny feeling a thread like this would pop up after the best and worst threads and this is the one I will struggle with.
I think I am in a tiny minority group of people who don't actually have a dream car :(
Don't get me wrong there have been several adverts / cars that I have thought wow I'd like that but then reality kicks in. Reality in the form of not being able to get in and out of the bloody thing and a test drive that proves this thing isn't that great after all.
Actual trips to view a car and have a test drive have taken a few cars and bikes off my wish list over the last few years.

My quest to find something is still on going :)

#37 ·
My "bedroom wall poster" car of choice when I was a young and slightly less disillusioned Samage...

In this colour, or the metallic green they came in. Or the dark silver at a push. :D

Yes, I know in reality they're supposed to be utterly horrible to drive and they're a textbook case of "never meet your heroes". I know too that they're a hotch-potch parts bin special complete with borrowed, plasticky switchgear and Rover tail lamps. But the awe I had for this car in my youth means that to me, it's not so much a car but a feeling. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.