Looking for a site in Lulworth Cove ??? - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > VZI REGIONS, HOLIDAYS, TRIPS, NIGHTS OUT > South East

South East Campsites, Holidays, Days or Nights Out in the South East

Advertise on Volkszone.com

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
magicmarkie
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (0)

Smile Looking for a site in Lulworth Cove ???

Hi guys I am looking for a site to park the van up for a night as close to Lulworth cove as possible. I am lending the in laws the van for the night. Yup you heard it right I must be mental but hey hoe !!
Electric hook up would be nice as well. If you have links or phone no's or just site names any info will be greatly excepted.
YES YOU HEARD RIGHT IM LENDING MY VAN TO MY IN LAWS

magicmarkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
pieman71
Chat Virgin

Evening, sorry just seen your post. I dont know of a campsite in lulworth cove but i know of one round the corner, just outside of swange.
Its a excellent quaint site, out of the way but still within walking distance of good pubs and coast path.
Its Toms field Campsite, (www.tomsfieldcampsite.co.uk) they dont take booking for one nights, you have to turn and see. But wortha look.
Hope this helps,

P.s Are you insane lending it to the inlaws, your braver then me..........
pieman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
Dead Dog
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (3)

WAY to late for you, but others may look so.
A beut in durdle door, I haven't stayed there, but did drop in, site looks very good and an awesome location.
Lulworth cove

My '71 Beetle project / 'Ex' VWPRO 102

true true true, except the lies.
Dead Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
CamperGirl44
Chat Virgin

I would second 'Tom's Field Campsite' just beautiful but books up quickly. Drove through the site heading towards Durdle Door and that looked OK to but much bigger than Tom's field.
Inlaws borrowing van......mad!!
Have fun
CamperGirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
targed
Wannabe Chat Slut

Just spent the weekend at durdle door on the seaview field, so on top of the cliff facing out to sea. Electric hook up etc. it's on quite a slope, but they helpfully provide plenty of breeze blocks, so we got level pretty easily.
Pub on site, that does ok food at reasonable prices, and a small shop. Toilet blocks aren't bad, with free showers, but get a bit Manky if its really busy as anywhere does really.

Only real downside was you camp right next to the public car park which was absolutely rammed all weekend, and almost everyone seems to be foreign! Literally 80% of people didn't speak English! Soooooo many poles........

On a quieter weekend it would have been superb, if a little exposed if the weather is bad. Beware it's not the cheapest place by the way!
Jon
targed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread