General Brosol H30/31 set up, strange - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Tech Forums > Aircooled Mechanical Tech

Aircooled Mechanical Tech A Q & A Forum devoted to Aircooled Mechanical Issues. Got a problem? Then ask in here. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 17-06-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
sallyandsean
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

Default Brosol H30/31 set up, strange

Got this on a 1641 twin port with a 132.5 main jet and a 55 idle jet. If I get base settings at 2.5 turns it drives with a little bogging under load. If I wind the small screw in to about 1.5 turns out the revs lift rather than die.

Also timing, valves, plugs and leads have all been done.

Is this correct and do I set it on bottom screw until revs are at highest.

Thanks
sallyandsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 09:28 PM   #2
sallyandsean
Wannabe Chat Slut

Ps, I have a 009 distributor and have set the accelerator to full.
Old 17-06-2019, 09:39 PM   #3
Mr.Whippy
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (3)

Follow through this guide -

http://www.vw-resource.com/34pict3.html

Dave.
Mr.Whippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17-06-2019, 10:08 PM   #4
sallyandsean
Wannabe Chat Slut

Cool, thanks
Old 18-06-2019, 02:56 PM   #5
sallyandsean
Wannabe Chat Slut

All set up and has the tiniest of hesitation under load. Does it want a 140 main jet or is it live with it with a Brosol on a 1641?
Old 21-06-2019, 03:15 PM   #6
sallyandsean
Wannabe Chat Slut

So it's running perfect on idle with a 55 pilot jet. Gentle acceleration is good and great on fast acceleration down hill but a little hisitant under load going up hill. The main jet is a 132.5. The accelerator pump is on full with a strong jet just striking the rim inside. What am I missing please.
Old 21-06-2019, 06:41 PM   #7
clarkson
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (1)

Loose the 009.
Old 21-06-2019, 08:49 PM   #8
farmer rob
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyandsean View Post
So it's running perfect on idle with a 55 pilot jet. Gentle acceleration is good and great on fast acceleration down hill but a little hisitant under load going up hill. The main jet is a 132.5. The accelerator pump is on full with a strong jet just striking the rim inside. What am I missing please.
The squirt of fuel should not hit anything, it wants aiming so it will squirt about a quarter of the way in!, half-way between the sides and the throttle butterfly shaft. The 132.5 main jet is usually fine but you could go 135 max. extra fuel helps to mask the 009 flat spot. This is a cleaver carb it will work a vacuum only dizzy, work with a 009 quite well and it will work a SVDA dizzy but you do not connect the vacuum pipe to the outlet on the passenger side of the carb. This is for a vacuum only dizzy. you need to connect a SVDA dizzy to the bottom one of the 3 outlets on the carb at the back end of the car
farmer rob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 08:58 PM   #9
sallyandsean
Wannabe Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer rob View Post
The squirt of fuel should not hit anything, it wants aiming so it will squirt about a quarter of the way in!, half-way between the sides and the throttle butterfly shaft. The 132.5 main jet is usually fine but you could go 135 max. extra fuel helps to mask the 009 flat spot. This is a cleaver carb it will work a vacuum only dizzy, work with a 009 quite well and it will work a SVDA dizzy but you do not connect the vacuum pipe to the outlet on the passenger side of the carb. This is for a vacuum only dizzy. you need to connect a SVDA dizzy to the bottom one of the 3 outlets on the carb at the back end of the car
Brilliant, will move the brass arm and see how it performs. Thanks
Reply Post New Thread