Volkszone Forum banner

Crooked Ebay sellers list

49K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  not quite in ghia 
#1 ·
Mods - please delete if you think it's inappropriate

Following on from the Jake Raby scam ebay sale in chat currently, it seems that the same guy is responsible .....

Ebay names .....
jamnicol345
jamrizza324
carpenter34380
wiper2122

Maybe add to this to make a "rogues gallery" ?

#6 ·
Had a d.thompson contact me about a car I am selling and it was a spoof to get my paypal details as he said he had put £100 in my paypal account. Thought it strange that paypal kept sending emails to say why I hadnt claimed my money. Phoned paypal and was informed that it is a scam so beware!!!! dont open the emails as they are also infected with viruses.:mad::mad:

#13 ·
rchristie101 is one to avoid - lists genuine owners manuals but doesn't actually have them. Wish I'd checked his feedback more carefully before I bought it. Now going through Paypal to get money back.

#14 ·
Word of warning, dont ever accept Paypal as payment if someone is collecting your item. I sold Golf Mk4 Recaro Leather seats for £525 on ebay, user with over 100 feedback won it, paid via paypal. He sent a courier down to collect it (in a hire van oh i wish i had taken the reg!) They even had a collection note that i signed and gave me a copy of!
Two weeks later paypal took the money back saying the blokes accounts had been hacked!

I reported it all to the police and they said nothing they can do!:mad:
And ebay and paypal said its nothing to do with them as i dont have proof of posting!!!! :mad:

They make you put paypal down as an option but as a seller you are totally unprotected if you dont post the item!

#24 · (Edited)
TIMEWASTERS/CHANCERS

Midas is right in respect of 'Chasa-dent'. (Hyphenated so that genuinely interested people can determine the identity of this buyer.) We had two BMW ixse (E34 4wd) for sale at the beginning of this year, both in need of attention (these are now very rare). We offered the second when the first had ended, but referred to the imminent listing of the second in the listing for the first.

He contacted us in respect of the first one, and asked to be notified when the second one came up for sale.

Chasadent bid high and repeatedly, scared off genuine bidders, and when he won the auction, messaged to say that he had a huge bill in respect of a 'family motorhome', and could not pay. We reported him as a non-paying bidder, and then received a stream of aggressive emails, in which he said he would send his brother to check out the vehicle, and if it was as claimed, he would pay the price bid. I responded that the internet auction house's rules stated that 'a bid is a contract to buy', not to come and kick tyres; particularly as I had urged potential bidders to view the vehicle before the end of the ten-day auction.

We received a further stream of invective from the winning bidder, and subsequently sold the vehicle to an interested party who made a serious and decent offer.

Sadly the new rules regarding 'Report a Buyer' simply mean that this idiot has a black mark against his identity which will eventually be expunged. What we really need is a register of time-wasters which will sort the wheat from the chaff.

Thanks, Midas, for your list of idiots. I am pleased to be able to endorse at least one of them.

#17 ·
The worst seller I've delt with is duckymex or duckyimports. Bought a visor from him on his website and never got the visor or a refund. I sent a message to him every day for months with not even one reply.
He sells on the samba as well and I wish i'd done a search as there's loads of bad feedback on there! Trying to go through US net fraud at the mo but no hopeful :(

#20 ·
One to avoid is revengetaken.
Will totally outbid everyone,then,when he has totally wrecked your auction sale,will offer you way below what you were after.
Told me if I complained he would give me bad feedback!
He is a Parminder Singh from Dudley,West Midlands.
I did a wee bit of research on this chap as I have friends over that way..
TOTAL SCUMBAG is the upshot of this.
Avoid Avoid Avoid.

#21 ·
kathykaf - i sent them an item,which they said was broken-(it wasnt) they sent me a threatening email saying that if i didnt respond in 48 hrs with a solution id get bad feedback. I replied in the time given, asking if they would send me the item back for a full refund of monies paid. they made no further contact apart from leaving me negative feedback, and when i complained to ebay (i had done everything right) they didnt want to know and the neg feedback still stood.

#23 ·
this is a warning re pay pal gift...... I use it to buy & sell & in 99% of cases people are honest!
saw this early beetle door on ebay by cheryl turner, so used the mob no & asked if I could buy off ebay. it was agreed & I sent £105 gift pay pal to Vwrelics1@btopenworld.com & whose name popped up keith turner (google that!)
the item stayed on ebay & sold & no replies came from my ebay questions or texts.
The lessons from this is-
only use paypal gift to people you trust
bid on ebay as there is some protection
tell & warn everyone about people who ruin the vw scene

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.