So...Netflix - Page 28 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Multimedia Forum

Multimedia Forum Computer, IT, Browser, Online, TV, Radio, Film, Smartphone & Technology Questions & Discussion. Any questions or discussion relating to computers, browsers, technology, software, smartphones, smart home appliances, smart TV, Radio, Films, Netflix/video set up, Publications/Magazines, Photobucket, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Ebay, Paypal and even TV shows and games, XBox etc - please ask in here. Eventually we should build a helpful database of answers to many regular IT and broadcast questions.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 05:29 PM   #271
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by type3 View Post
Last Man on the Moon. Great documentary 10/10.

Started watching this last night following your recommendation, really enjoying it
Old 10-03-2019, 05:44 PM   #272
Duble agent V.W.Ford
Help! I'm trapped in here

Not really a film as such. Just recently finished watching Game of Thrones series 1 to 7 and it was soooo addictive. We just have to wait until series 8 comes out on DVD now.

Last edited by Duble agent V.W.Ford; 10-03-2019 at 10:40 PM..
Duble agent V.W.Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 05:55 PM   #273
type3

Trading feedback: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76 View Post
Started watching this last night following your recommendation, really enjoying it
Cool!
type3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2019, 05:57 PM   #274
type3

I got through Bandersnatch last night. Quite entertining although a bit disjointed due to the paths of the different plots. Probably 7.8/10.

Will watch/experience it again to see other endings.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:46 PM   #275
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by type3 View Post
Cool!
Plan on finishing it off tonight when the kids go to bed and the Mil is dispatched else I have no chance of listening to it, 4 'girls' me and documentary isn't going to happen

I've recently re read Moondust which is well worth a read if you have any interest in the men on the moon. We're sadly running out of men who have actually walked on the moon, now down to 4
Old 11-03-2019, 09:22 AM   #276
Greg McD
VZ Staff

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duble agent V.W.Ford View Post
Not really a film as such. Just recently finished watching Game of Thrones series 1 to 7 and it was soooo addictive. We just have to wait until series 8 comes out on DVD now.
GoT is something that I really wish was on Netflix...
Old 11-03-2019, 09:24 AM   #277
Greg McD
VZ Staff

VZi Member Sponsor

Getting stuck in to Lilyhammer at the moment. Almost finished the first series. It's a lot more tongue-in-cheek than The Sopranos but I really enjoy Steve Van Zandt in it.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:39 PM   #278
Duble agent V.W.Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg McD View Post
GoT is something that I really wish was on Netflix...

I thought it was. Live and learn eh? The Mrs wanted to see it, so I bid about £65 for the complete 1 to 7 box set on ebay only for her to say "Oh, I don't want to see all of them! I might not like it, I just want to see the first one". So bid retracted and off to Tesco to buy Seasons 1 and 2. She wasn't fussed on 1 too much, 2 had her hooked. Then she bought 3, 4, and 5 from Gumtree, then 6 and 7 from ebay. So now we are deciding wether to watch Lord of the Rings DVD's we bought in charity shops to quench our thirst for swords, blood and gore!
On a side note, we have Virgin and on the adverts last night GoT is coming to Sky Atlantic, all 7 series, if that's any good to you.
Just found the Sky store and it's cheaper on DVD from ebay.
https://www.skystore.com/boxset/ente...5-4cd73b36d0ae
Old 11-03-2019, 12:49 PM   #279
type3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duble agent V.W.Ford View Post
So now we are deciding wether to watch Lord of the Rings DVD's we bought in charity shops to quench our thirst for swords, blood and gore!
Lord of the Rings is largely terrible. Itís everything that GoT isnít and could have been.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:56 PM   #280
Duble agent V.W.Ford

I believe it has Nedd Stark, sorry, Sean bean in it as well. A bit of trivia here. There is a replica of Gandolfs' sword in the GoT Iron Throne. Youtube is a hive of info.