Volkszone Forum banner

WANTED! NW based lead guitarist.

7K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  BugBusBuggy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi VZI,
As well as the day job, I play drums in a busy ish covers band. Unfortunately our lead guitarist has handed in his notice, so we're looking for a replacement!
If anyone is looking for a band, please read on...

Our guitarist has decided it's time to move on. He doesn't really want to be in a covers band and while we started out doing only originals in 2005 we are now taking regular covers gigs bookings and not playing enough orignal material for him. It's all amicable (although we're gutted!) and he's leaving on good terms with everyone in the band. So, this means we're on the lookout for a versatile, talented and dedicated lead guitarist.

We're a popular 5 piece covers band with female vocals/acoustic guitar, bass, keyboard and drums. The current line up had been together for around 6 years.

You can see what we do, where we're playing and find out more about us at www.jessicasghost.co.uk or www.facebook.com/jessicasghost.

Backing vocals would be preferred but not essential. Quality equipment is essential, as is not taking yourself too seriously. We're not looking for egos or fret wankers but we would like someone who can demonstrate a little flair and sparkle at the right time. There is room for someone who wants to show off thier skills with some crowd pleasing rip roaring solos as long as it's at the right time.

We are a relaxed bunch but we take the music, arrangements and overall sound seriously. We don't play exact copies of the covers we play - we add our own sound and would like someone who's capable of playing in a similar style to our current guitarist wilst adding their own stamp to the songs we play. We're not necessarily looking for someone to play note for note to the original.

We have a wide and varied set spanning 60s to current charts. We play primarily rock, pop and indie ranging from Adele to Guns n Roses, Fleetwood Mac to Led Zep. Our covers list is currently around 60 songs long and we're always looking to add new material and variation to our set. We wouldn't expect you to know it all straight away but a quick learner would be preferred! There are some classics in there that most guitarists would know or pick up quickly.

We have a reasonably busy gig calendar for 2018 with gigs booked across the North West. We'd need you to be able to commit to the dates booked which includes new year's eve (we've just had an enquiry about a gig in 2020 too!). I'm holding off booking in any more dates now until we get a new guitarist onboard and up to speed but the band get constant requests from venues who seem to hold us in high regard.

You would need your own reliable transport and we'd need you to be able to help transport some of the band PA as well as your own gear as we split this between us to get it to gigs.

We rehearse most weeks and can generally be flexible as to when provided it's a weekday evening. We try to stick to Thursday evenings whenever possible at the moment so it's easy for everyone to work other commitments around the band but that's not set in stone if it's a major issue for our new guitarist. Rehearsals are in Liverpool nr the city centre. There are no rehearsal costs. There is nowhere to store any of your equipment in the rehearsal space either though.

We have a pro level PA which is owned and maintained by the band. It's made up of a set of JBL active speakers, Behringer sub and Yamaha mixing desk. We also have monitors and access to some basic lighting which we may look to expand. All of the band have pro level equipment which is well maintained.

Most gigs are paid and we split all gig money equally. Rates will vary from gig to gig depending on what's been agreed with the venue. We have a small number of charity gigs or events for friends and family which would not be paid. We would need you to be ok with that too! Obviously we'd repay the favour if possible as and when needed ;)

Message for any more info or to tell us why you'd be perfect for us!

Ta!
Dave.

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh, and if it makes a difference, as well as the drummer (me) having a beetle the bassist has a bay camper. What more do you need from your new band mates?

#3 ·
And if that wasn't enough, the singer has a '79 mini clubman estate...
What are you waiting for???

#4 ·
I can't help with finding a guitarist (although Merseyside has loads - I'm sure you'll sort something.) :)

I like your own stuff - sorta Irish Folk meets the Eagles with a rock flavour running through it. :)

Do you guys ever travel south? Like Santa Pod?

Please message me with the price you go out for - if you're interested in playing at a VW Show. PA and lights would be provided (proper pro rigs - see the attached photo) - so just backline required.

:)

#5 ·
Thanks Brian, and yes we'd travel that far. Out gigging tonight but I'll drop you a pm over the weekend.
Ta,
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.