Volkszone Forum banner

SKY Engineers wanted in Postcodes all over the country

16K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  redwing 
#1 · (Edited)
Sky are still recruiting in postcodes all over the country , we have been given stickers to put on our vans to advertise for Field Engineers so i thought id stick it here aswell , just in case anyone on here who wants a Job , would like to apply

http://sky.recruitmax.com/MAIN/careerportal/Job_List.cfm?szSearchType=Advanced

You can apply online , if you do apply on line in the section that says how did you hear about this job ? just tick/click friend referal Barry Smith as my manager told me if your taken on , i get a reward :lol: (you can also mention my name at your interview)

Sky do all there training in house , so you dont need previous experience as they provide all your training from start to finish ,

if your unsure , you can PM me and i can answer most queires you might have about the job ;)

From the site
Thanks for taking the time to visit our website. Please read through the following job specification - if you feel this is the right job for you, then why wait to apply? Log your CV and covering letter today and we will contact you to progress your application.

We deliver a world of entertainment - Join In.

Sky is already the UK's leading digital broadcaster with more than 8 million subscribers and is on a fast-track to growth. Now is your chance to be part of our exciting new future….

We need people like you. People to visit our customers in their homes, day in, day out - tuning in to their needs and installing their new satellite and broadband systems.

If you're not experienced in this kind of work, it's no problem. Just as long as you've good practical skills, we'll take you through a fully accredited training program and, thereafter, ongoing coaching - so you'll soon be up to speed with Sky's cutting-edge technology.

What really matters here is how you get on with our customers. After all, you'll be the 'face of Sky' and you'll represent everything that makes us what we are: inviting and fun with a real passion for great entertainment. Knowledgeable and engaging, you'll instil our customers with confidence in both their installation and Sky's products and services.

You'll install Sky equipment into customer's homes, from fitting the satellite dish and set-top box to all the cabling in-between, your goal will be to WOW the customer. So you'll need to possess excellent customer service skills and a flexible approach to work. You will be required to work at height (30ft) in all weathers and at weekends. We will provide you with the necessary training and support to do the job. On satisfactory completion of the training programme you will be accredited with a City & Guilds qualification.

As you'll be driving a company vehicle, you must have a full UK driving licence with no more than 6 points and other endorsements on your licence may also be taken into consideration.

In return for delivering an outstanding service to every customer, we'll give you some fantastic benefits including a productivity and quality bonus (when you reach the required competency level), a pension, private health care, life assurance and of course, free Sky+ & broadband.

If you have what we're looking for, please click 'Apply to this job' below and build your profile, attaching your CV and covering letter. If your postcode matches the above, your application will be progressed to the next stage in the recruitment process. However, if your postcode does not match please re-visit our website and click into the job category of 'Supply Chain - Engineer' vacancies where you will see a list of all the vacancies with postcodes we are currently recruiting for.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
40 hours a week , various shift patterns , but your day is made of minutes , and its job and knock , you finish your jobs early , you go home ,

Wages are £16,500 basic but with bouns you can earn £23000 as the website states , but you can earn alot more ;)

#25 ·
I got a confirmation email more or less as soon as i sent off the online application, don't know how long I'll have to wait to hear about any jobs, but thinking about it if they have been advertising on the back of their vans then I reckon they will be getting a lot of interest.

#26 · (Edited)
Dont loose heart , they can take along time guys , the first time i applied id forgotten all about it even given up on it , then got a phone call out the blue about 2 months later . They seem to do it in batches , they will be an assesment day, where you will have medical . interveiw , multiple choice question test , practical making a dish , etc then they will choose who they want , get rid of the rest , then so on and so forth till they have filled the vacancies for that area

like has been said above there are adverts for jobs on the vans , This one is a massive recruitment drive ( there must be something new in the pipeline ;) )

they have to process so many applications , which are then sorted into areas , some areas are a priority , which is why you could apply the same time as someone else but they will here something before you do ;)

Im glad i posted this up , i did think twice i must admit , cause i know alot of people have a negative view of Sky , im glad its created a bit of interest and to everyone who has applied i wish you the best of luck ;)

#32 ·
kinda excited and a little worried about this telephone interview, god only knows what I'm going to be asked!
hopefully the fact Ive got around 5 years + experience in data cabling, just recently finished a city and guilds in electrical installation, used to working both alone and with small teams and am more than willing to learn and get stuck in to a stable job will help.

only how do I show that over the phone?
wish me luck people hopefully I can pull it off as my Bug project could really do with a healthy injection of cash!

#33 ·
I'm expecting a phone call soon to :-D applied as soon as my post code came up last month. Jim (Notails) is keeping me informed as to the lay of the land as he's been at it a few months now in the same post code.

Dan

#36 ·
Im not 100% sure , go to the website and check , even if they are not , still apply you will be kept on file , when i applied first time i just went on the website apllied and forgot all about it , then got a call out the blue when they needed engineers in the area ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.