Volkszone Forum banner

Long slow build but going well

5K views 31 replies 4 participants last post by  Mad build 
#1 ·
In the process of finishing the chassis repairs on my basket case. I'm trying to do it on a very low budget around family and work commitments. If anyone is interested I'm blogging as I go on www.vwbeetlepickupbuild.com

#3 ·
You're best off posting some proper updates here, perhaps with links to your blog for the full story.

Good luck with it. :)

#6 · (Edited)
First part to go back on

Finally managed to put a part back on, if only for a short time. Welded a new throttle pedal mount on so fitted the pedal assembly to get a good position for it but I found my cross mount was a little high so I can't get both bolts into the tunnel wall. Going to adjust (I mean hammer) to get it lower before painting the pan. Already removed the pedals ready but it's a good beginning.
Also started getting the gearbox ready to refit but found one of the m18 bolt holes to be cross threaded so waiting for a new tap to sort it out.

Attachments

#19 ·
Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Plant Bumper
It's definitely not worth the repair time on my passenger door. The lower hinge didn't want to budge when I opened it so the door frame cracked. I'm using it for spare parts and I have another door to replace it. Sometimes replace is better than repair, from time to time.

#26 ·
Gas struts on and works well, took two goes to make it work. Didn’t buy the expensive kit so made my own from a pair of universal ones and some different eye ends that I had knocking around in my odds and sofa box. Incidentally the eye ends are off the engine control cables from a lynx helicopter.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.