Volkszone Forum banner

1974 Type 181 / Trekker / Thing

For Sale 
5K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  cheesyget 
#1 ·
I’ve decided to put my Trekker up for sale. I had visions of taking the dogs for days out with the roof down and their ears blowing in the wind but they are even less keen on that than my better half! (Not the ears part). All three of them have been spoilt travelling in comfort (!) in the Defender.

1974 Euro model (small rear lights, km speedo). Originally orange but now dragon green. My guess would be painted 10-15 years ago. Imported from Switzerland but evidently also spent time in France – business card from BugConcept83 in Toulon found in the glovebox. Showing just under 50,000km which is feasible given condition. Got registered on a ‘D’ plate because the DVLA are idiots!

CSP front disc conversion retaining original 14” wheels. Michelin tyres – MXT-80 on the front, X Mud+Snow on the back. Stock mechanically apart from Flamethrower distributor. Running well. Original dizzy and front drums still with car. Oil temp gauge and rev counter fitted. Battery isolator under rear seat. Original roof and sidescreens in good order – small split in front ones where they fold open. Hood frame corner covers and sidescreen bag present. Front seats are Volvo ( v. comfy ) and fitted to two sets of runners to raise seating position. Recent new heat exchangers. Petrol heater previously removed. Floorpan is excellent – one 3” repair on each side in the rear corners. Body and pan treated with Dinitrol by me when purchased. Paint is very good overall, just the odd touch-up/blister and the bonnet has some checking. No screen frame issues.

£8,500. Car is in Cheshire. Steve 07818 017815 flyerdyerATsky.com

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Yes, it's '74. They only started making them in '68. It's on a D plate because the DVLA can't tell the difference between the car's date of first reg and the owner's date of birth on a Swiss registration document!

I can't be bothered getting in to it with them!!

#14 ·
Hi. Bikes are a touchy subject in our house! I'd always had them but after the last one went, I was put on notice that no more were allowed. There's a lesson in there somewhere!

However, I still have my riding gear so I haven't given up all hope. I'll broach the topic again tonight. In the meantime send me some details of what you've got. PM if you prefer. Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.