hydrogen fuel cell cars… better than electric? - Page 9 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 04:37 PM   #81
gojira
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenchfoot View Post
They move people at a much much lower rate of Co2 per mile. That is the point nothing more nothing less! Both well to wheel and lifetime figures are massivly lower for a BEV than an ICE car.
same argument that had diesel promoted as the best ICE solution... until people woke up and smelled the soot/NOx.

BedfordVDubs
gojira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:15 PM   #82
simondo
Seasoned Chat Slut

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (0)

The most environmentally sound form of transport is probably the pushbike.
After that it is probably a modern Honda cub.

Most of the cars that are on the road are 4 seaters..yet rarely are all the seats filled.

Being single minded/honest/selfish even..in 20 years time I`ll be approaching age 70, so probably shouldn`t spend too much of my current time worrying if my car / bike is environmentally sound.
At the end of the day, being a tight arse/ late adopter/ make do and mend / reuse / repair/ don`t throw away type of person, I consider myself well "in credit" from and environmentalist point of view.
Old 13-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #83
Orby1
Saddest VZi'er 2019

Trading feedback: (1)

I may be wrong but I still assume the most environmentally friendly thing to do would be to keep an old car on the road, and 'make do and mend' as mentioned above by Simondo, thus limiting the damage caused by making new ones.

www.wolfsburgweedhuggers.co.uk/
Orby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread