Have chainsaw, will travel.... - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Jobs For The Boys (& Girls)

Jobs For The Boys (& Girls) Positions Vacant and Jobs Wanted. If you have an opening, post your job ad here. If you have lost your job or on the look out for a new job, place your CV or wanted ad here. Also, if you need a freelancer, contractor or want to commission some work, this is the place. NO TOUTING, USE YELLOW PAGES. Forum available for sponsorship

Reply Post New Thread

Old 20-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
splitty76
Chat Virgin

Trading feedback: (0)

Default Have chainsaw, will travel....

I'd like to do some forest/tree work, so anything to do with cutting/trimming trees, stump grinding, coppice working etc would be of interest. Heights aren't a problem.

I live in Shrewsbury and can travel.

If you need an assistant, or someone to work indipendantly, full or part time, please give me a shout.

Thanks

Paul
07966 924852
splitty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
Retro
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (1)

Hi mate,

I'm sure you wont travel up to leeds to chop a tree down in my garden but would you mind me asking how much it would cost (Ballpark) to chop a whole tree down ?

Looking to get some quote but not wanting to spend more than a few hundred quid ??

It that about right or am I dreaming ??

Retro
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 11:54 PM   #3
splitty76
Chat Virgin

Default How long is a piece of string?

A few hundred sounds Ok, but it all depends on the size of the tree and what you want doing with it afterwards.

Need to factor in the diameter and height, also where all the weight is (which way it wants to fall) and whats around that needs to be avoided. Much easier to fell a tree in a forest, than in a garden with a garage nearby.......

I want to get more practice of felling in small areas, hence putting a call out on here.

If I was any closer I'd come over and have a look for you.
splitty76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #4
bugjulie
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (5)

is salisbury too far ? I have half or so fir trees that are approx 30 feet high..would like them to be about half that ! they are on mu boundary with a farmers field and have a reasonable amount of space around them. PM if you are interested :-)
bugjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #5
BugBusBuggy
Wannabe Chat Slut

Postcode L35 8LS too far to travel for about 8 trees?
Mostly Leylandii, 1 beech, 1 laburnum, 1 laurel.

Also, are you quallified / insured , or 'dude with chainsaw and ladders!!!'??? (cos I can do that myself!!!).

Backgarden location, so if you want to practice small locations, this'd be ideal... trees all taller than garden is wide IYKWIM.

Pm to discuss if you're interested.

Cheers,
BBB.

Bus: '72 Devon. Gone to a new home.

Buggy: '73 Tagged SWB UK Manx (number 044). Gone to a new home.
BugBusBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #6
mr.stumpy
Not welcome here!

Keep an eye on this web site very god it is .

http://www.countryside-jobs.com/cjsdailyonline/main.htm
mr.stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #7
Nige G
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (11)

I need 2 x 70 feet tall fir trees cutting down. One's only about 2 feet away from a bathroom extension though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomD View Post
you leather clad puppy of mystery.
Nige G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #8
typeoneman
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige G View Post
I need 2 x 70 feet tall fir trees cutting down. One's only about 2 feet away from a bathroom extension though!!
when you cut large trees down with houses/sheds/people nearby you don;t just fell it in one go. It has to be cut down in sections from the top until you are left with a stump at the bottom.
typeoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #9
mils
Chat Slapper

Default i cut for cash

If you're looking for a job in the arb industry try arbjobs.com or Complete Tree Care which is an agency for tree workers, if you are looking to get tree work done expect to pay 300 to 600 pounds a day for a fully insured tree gang of three to four people, my advice would be to always check for insurance but especially where the work could endanger people or property. mils

Last edited by mils; 13-06-2009 at 01:23 PM..
mils is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread