A mothers plea! - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Jobs For The Boys (& Girls)

Jobs For The Boys (& Girls) Positions Vacant and Jobs Wanted. If you have an opening, post your job ad here. If you have lost your job or on the look out for a new job, place your CV or wanted ad here. Also, if you need a freelancer, contractor or want to commission some work, this is the place. NO TOUTING, USE YELLOW PAGES. Forum available for sponsorship

Reply Post New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
karlslass
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (0)

Unhappy A mothers plea!

Does anybody know of any where in Doncaster/Sheffield that is looking for an office junior or an Admin assistant. My 16 year old left school this summer and is getting into the habit of getting up at lunchtime and watching shit telly all day. She is driving us mental and really needs to be in the workplace. I have tried all ways to find her something, but its not what you know anymore. She is bright, and pleasant, she just needs a start Thanks
Old 12-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
bigcheez2k3
Cheeky li'l gobshite

Not much of a help but that what I do ATM too. If she's like me I doubt she enjoys it.

My YouTube Channel
bigcheez2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
Salamandertome
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (2)

Could you get her interested in any kind of voluntry work? It will be good for her to get out, meet people and do stuff - and it will impress anyone she sends CVs/applications to. I can understand the idea of working for nothing wont initially appeal, but, like you say, its often who you know that counts - and you dont get to meet people by staying in the house. Good luck to her (and you) anyway.

Flickr

Old 14-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
karlslass
Chat Slapper

Thanks, might try to encourage the voluntary work thing. According to the radio yesterday there are over a million young people out of work - thats disgraceful innit? I really despair for our kids - they dont stand a bloody chance do they
Old 14-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
funky munky
Help! I'm trapped in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlslass View Post
Does anybody know of any where in Doncaster/Sheffield that is looking for an office junior or an Admin assistant. My 16 year old left school this summer and is getting into the habit of getting up at lunchtime and watching shit telly all day. She is driving us mental and really needs to be in the workplace. I have tried all ways to find her something, but its not what you know anymore. She is bright, and pleasant, she just needs a start Thanks

No offence, but your description would not inspire confidence in many people employing her. Sure, she needs a start, but a good employer will want someone with a bit more 'get-up-and-go'. She can;t have people 'looking out for her' and doing everything for her otherwise she will learn absolutely no life skills. A bright and pleasant person would not drive their folks mad or waste their life watching tv... I really don't mean to sound harsh, but this is reality we are talking about here...
funky munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
Ugly Bloke
walking the black dog

VZi Member Sponsor

I think she may need to investigate going back into some form of education rather than looking for work, when she sounds ill prepared for the tough world of work.

Anyone could have a stroke:http://www.stroke.org.uk/strokemonth
Ugly Bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #7
devonduboy
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (4)

take her to an agency and get her a shit job, she will soon speed up looking for the next job.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #8
WackysWorld
I really must get out more

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky munky View Post
No offence, but your description would not inspire confidence in many people employing her. Sure, she needs a start, but a good employer will want someone with a bit more 'get-up-and-go'. She can;t have people 'looking out for her' and doing everything for her otherwise she will learn absolutely no life skills. A bright and pleasant person would not drive their folks mad or waste their life watching tv... I really don't mean to sound harsh, but this is reality we are talking about here...
exactly, plenty of jobs out there, you need to give her a good kick up the arse, start charging her rent or threaten to kick her out, thats what my parents did, i got a job rather quickly and went to college at the same time too many kids expect everything to be handed to em
:eek:

I am not a control freak, just the master of my own destiny.........
WackysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #9
wible
Help! I'm trapped in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonduboy View Post
take her to an agency and get her a shit job, she will soon speed up looking for the next job.
Or she'll just quit. I've been watching my neighbours trying to make their daughter get a job - it doesn't work. She finally found one on her own and seems to be enjoying it but they have got a lot of egg on their face in the process
wible is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread