So...Netflix - Page 31 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Multimedia Forum

Multimedia Forum Computer, IT, Browser, Online, TV, Radio, Film, Smartphone & Technology Questions & Discussion. Any questions or discussion relating to computers, browsers, technology, software, smartphones, smart home appliances, smart TV, Radio, Films, Netflix/video set up, Publications/Magazines, Photobucket, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Ebay, Paypal and even TV shows and games, XBox etc - please ask in here. Eventually we should build a helpful database of answers to many regular IT and broadcast questions.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 20-05-2019, 04:40 AM   #301
bigbadbugga
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (7)

Anyone watching Ďthe societyí?

Itís good but so full of plot holes, the mystery of what has happened is doing my head in and they donít seem to be asking the right questions about what is going on.

bigbadbugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 04:59 AM   #302
monsoir-excelenty
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg McD View Post
I started watching Ricky Gervais' After Life last night and ended up watching half the series! (It's only six episodes long and each episode is just under half an hour). It's brilliant! Quite touching in places and laugh out loud funny in other places. I'd recommend it.

Word of warning - his character is dealing with life after the death of his wife from cancer. She appears on his laptop from recordings before she died, giving him instructions on how to get on with things...
10/10 very sad but also very funny. I love Gervais stuff. He's got the total MARMITE factor though hasn't he?
monsoir-excelenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 04:50 PM   #303
GlenAnderson
I'm not an addict... honest!

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (18)

I loathed Ricky Gervais in The Office and Extras, but Derek and After Life were both really good. Marmite indeed.

Old 17-06-2019, 01:53 PM   #304
Greg McD
VZ Staff

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (0)

I watched the film version of Gerald's Game at the weekend. It's an adaption of Stephen King's book. I wasn't a massive fan of the book but I have to say, for a change, the film version stayed fairly true to the story and was actually very good.
Old 29-06-2019, 05:35 PM   #305
mbeamish
Seasoned Chat Slut

I've only just realised you can down load programmes and the watch them later where you have no wi-fi access . Handy for holidays etc
mbeamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 03:25 PM   #306
Greg McD
VZ Staff

VZi Member Sponsor

I've been rewatching the first series of Stranger Things but this time the kids are old enough to watch it with me. They're enjoying it! I've also started the third series of Jessica Jones.
Old 25-08-2019, 06:40 PM   #307
Greg McD
VZ Staff

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeamish View Post
Do you reckon there will be a second series ? I hope so but it seemed pretty wrapped up at the end
He has written the script

I finished all three series of Stranger Things with the kids. Great stuff. Started watching Mindhunter on Friday night. It's very good.
Old 25-08-2019, 10:07 PM   #308
GlenAnderson
I'm not an addict... honest!

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (18)

Another Life. Dear lord, what utter tripe. Don’t bother.
Old 25-08-2019, 10:21 PM   #309
type3

Trading feedback: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenAnderson View Post
Another Life. Dear lord, what utter tripe. Donít bother.
I quite enjoyed that. It deliberately
ramped up towards the end.

[edit]: Scratch that, I was thinking of After Life...

Last edited by type3; 25-08-2019 at 10:27 PM..
type3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 10:25 PM   #310
type3

Trading feedback: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg McD View Post
I've been rewatching the first series of Stranger Things.
Iíve only recently started watching this. Finished the first season which was a bit slow in places but enjoyable. About three episodes in on the second season now.
type3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread