Mopeds - Page 2 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 07:55 AM   #11
Blasting Die Past
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

I still have a few Jogle peds from the Team Off (SH50ís) and three DT50mxís although only one is currently together the other two are more wall art.

I have however started collecting Mobocane bikes little 70ís models X7 and X1ís quite fun little things. I also have a Garelli Katia which is an early model with spoked wheels, I found this in an old boys garage while pulling out a car (for a mate) itís a one owner model and only needed minor work to get working again.

The Green x7 I found on here and well it was green so I had to have it, that then sparked an interest in these bikes and a trip to my local moped guy Aplins in Bristol further fuelled my curiosity in these and if anyone can I suggest you go to his shop as he has many rare and amazing mopeds!

Both my X1ís have not been used since the early 80ís, one was found on a large private estate in north west wales the other in London within a week of each other.

All of these bikes are now fully working (just awaiting new tyres for the x1ís).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC75DD05-0D7B-4653-B78F-1E983CC2E0E5.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	216585  
Blasting Die Past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #12
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (2)

Yamaha SS50 (Fizzie)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SS1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	216601   Click image for larger version

Name:	SS2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	216609   Click image for larger version

Name:	SS3.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	216617   Click image for larger version

Name:	SS4.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	216625  
Brian Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:43 AM   #13
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Not a 'moped' as such . . . but 49cc . . . Lambretta LUI . . .

I did the Brad's 'West 2 East' charity run on this - St David's on the Welsh coast to Lowestoft Ness (and then on to Yarmouth)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LUI.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	216633  
Old 10-11-2017, 02:15 PM   #14
dubwise
Help! I'm trapped in here

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenAnderson View Post
My ears are burning!

Is this where all the cool kids with mums that let them have mopeds hang out?

As we know, Iím currently havering as to which way to jump. Had a few Ďpeds, several Maxis, a C100 Honda, several C50s and 90s, an SS50, an old Peugeot 102 to name a few.

Currently my retro tiddlers are a 1953 125cc D1 Bantam, and a 1956 150cc D3. The D1 is rideable, the D3 wants a bit of love. Plan is to rebuild a 175cc D14/4 engine Iíve had in the shed thirty years and fit it to the D3, then rebuild the D3 engine and put it into the D1. Hopefully it will make both bikes more useable without spoiling their charm.

those bsa's a lovely! i like your plan with the engine swaps, good luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasting Die Past View Post
I still have a few Jogle peds from the Team Off (SH50ís) and three DT50mxís although only one is currently together the other two are more wall art.

I have however started collecting Mobocane bikes little 70ís models X7 and X1ís quite fun little things. I also have a Garelli Katia which is an early model with spoked wheels, I found this in an old boys garage while pulling out a car (for a mate) itís a one owner model and only needed minor work to get working again.

The Green x7 I found on here and well it was green so I had to have it, that then sparked an interest in these bikes and a trip to my local moped guy Aplins in Bristol further fuelled my curiosity in these and if anyone can I suggest you go to his shop as he has many rare and amazing mopeds!

Both my X1ís have not been used since the early 80ís, one was found on a large private estate in north west wales the other in London within a week of each other.

All of these bikes are now fully working (just awaiting new tyres for the x1ís).
what's your plans the sh50's?

those motobecane's are quirky things, i often see them come up for sale and they always seem to make good money.

the garelli katia is another one i quite like, they've definitely got that retro look!

bri, your bikes always look so clean!
dubwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:19 PM   #15
Clem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Burrows View Post
Not a 'moped' as such . . . but 49cc . . . Lambretta LUI . . .

I did the Brad's 'West 2 East' charity run on this - St David's on the Welsh coast to Lowestoft Ness (and then on to Yarmouth)
I love that

Way less cool, but I remembered that I have a '76 Vespa Ciao buried in a shed at my folks house. I guess I should go and dig it out sometime.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:59 PM   #16
GlenAnderson
I'm not an addict... honest!

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
those bsa's a lovely! i like your plan with the engine swaps, good luck with that.
Thanks.

I will have owned the D1 for forty years in February.

I know itís not strictly a moped, but Honda UK have been teasing people on Facebook with pictures and videos of their C125 SuperCub concept. If they bring them to the UK market Iíd have one in a heartbeat. I donít think I could run one into the ground on the commute though.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GLEN1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	216665   Click image for larger version

Name:	D3C2EB86-7992-4156-A267-23C41E2BBA5D.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	216673  

Last edited by GlenAnderson; 10-11-2017 at 09:18 PM..
GlenAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #17
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubwise View Post

bri, your bikes always look so clean!

Another Fizzie . . .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	POPSI1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	216745   Click image for larger version

Name:	POPSI2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	216753   Click image for larger version

Name:	POPSI3.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	216761   Click image for larger version

Name:	POPSI4.jpg
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	216769  
Old 11-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #18
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem View Post
I love that

Way less cool, but I remembered that I have a '76 Vespa Ciao buried in a shed at my folks house. I guess I should go and dig it out sometime.
Ta!

Another scooter - French Vespa 50 - although this is officially a 'moped' as they were fitted with a (pretty much useless) pedal assembly to comply with the law at the time - (pedals removed in this photo taken outside the Parisienne classic scooter shop where I found it.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	VESPA50.jpg
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	216777  
Old 11-11-2017, 12:41 PM   #19
mister pp
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (3)

Something for the weekend ?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-HOND...cAAOSwglVaBMBU
mister pp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:46 PM   #20
Clem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Burrows View Post
Ta!

Another scooter - French Vespa 50 - although this is officially a 'moped' as they were fitted with a (pretty much useless) pedal assembly to comply with the law at the time - (pedals removed in this photo taken outside the Parisienne classic scooter shop where I found it.)
Nice Sold as the 50 N I think , the 50 special was the more common model here