The Car & Classic Thread 2019. Something Completely Different! - Page 3 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 06:50 PM   #21
smull
Retired Mr.Vzi

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie the monster View Post
This looks nice, love a detailed advert...

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312243959213?ul_noapp=true
Love that ^

Just for Sweeney, a 924 ‘Shooting Brake’

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1067704?dt=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D525983A-38D7-4CAB-871B-C6EB12F5A181.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	259381  

https://www.facebook.com/fatpugcreative/

Range of Christmas, Birthday & Greetings Cards now available from my eBay store:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/fatpuggre...p2047675.l2562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twon View Post
No man is an island. Except Barry. Barry Island is an island.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happystamps View Post
Not wanting to be a cunt, and I know it's a quote, but...

Barry Island is a peninsula.
smull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:52 PM   #22
Last Triumph
Help! I'm trapped in here

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (8)

Not sure if this has been posted before?

Huge power and awesome brake aside, this looks a little cracker...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amazing-1...wAAOSwSlpcB8tt

Last Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:02 PM   #23
GBJB
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Triumph View Post
Not sure if this has been posted before?

Huge power and awesome brake aside, this looks a little cracker...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amazing-1...wAAOSwSlpcB8tt

Shame it’s a horrible car - nothing good at all about that generation of Polo IMO.
2010 T5 LWB Camper
2019 Golf R Wagon
GBJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:10 PM   #24
mr slug

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smull View Post

I call - "photoshop"

Surely, that can't be real - WhoTF thought that would be a good idea?
mr slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:14 PM   #25
GBJB
Wannabe Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr slug View Post
I call - "photoshop"

Surely, that can't be real - WhoTF thought that would be a good idea?
Has a similar look to a Scimitar to me, and as I have a soft spot for them I don’t dislike it.

However, I can’t see £30k (by a long way).
2010 T5 LWB Camper
2019 Golf R Wagon
Old 02-01-2019, 07:22 PM   #26
Last Triumph

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smull View Post
Love that ^

Old 02-01-2019, 07:25 PM   #27
Last Triumph

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBJB View Post
Shame it’s a horrible car - nothing good at all about that generation of Polo IMO.
Memory Red - the B side to Dragon Green.

I nearly bought one when they were new having test driven and looked closely at the Corsa and Fiesta.

It was slower, more poorly equipped and more expensive than the other two, however was head and shoulders above in terms of quality, image and overall feel.

I simply couldn't afford it so had to settle on the Corsa, the second most disappointing car I've ever owned.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:41 PM   #28
GBJB
Wannabe Chat Slut

Quote:
Memory Red - the B side to Dragon Green.

I nearly bought one when they were new having test driven and looked closely at the Corsa and Fiesta.

It was slower, more poorly equipped and more expensive than the other two, however was head and shoulders above in terms of quality, image and overall feel.

I simply couldn't afford it so had to settle on the Corsa, the second most disappointing car I've ever owned.
You certainly have had an eclectic range of cars. What could drive you to buy a Corsa beats me though after the cars you have had!

The worst car I have ever had was a Vauxhall. Never again.
2010 T5 LWB Camper
2019 Golf R Wagon
Old 02-01-2019, 09:02 PM   #29
Last Triumph

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBJB View Post
You certainly have had an eclectic range of cars. What could drive you to buy a Corsa beats me though after the cars you have had!

The worst car I have ever had was a Vauxhall. Never again.
I was young, was still finding my feet in a motoring sense and still had lots to learn.

I'd bought, restored and sold my first car (1300 Beelte) before I'd even passed my driving test, so the first car I'd ever owned and driven was the Astra GTE, which was terrible.

I then moved on to the 944 which was also very disappointing, followed by the Mk1 MR2 which was THE most disappointing car I've ever owned - keeping in mind that disappointment is born out of failure to meet expectation/reputation rather than objective status.
I then bought a used Fiesta 1.0 which was okay ish for what it was, but very dull and slow.

All four of those cars had the usual issues and hassles of being 5-10 year old cars. I'd become fed up of used cars and all the shit they bring with them, so decided to 'treat' myself to a brand new car for some worry free motoring.

I looked at the Corsa, Polo and Fiesta, preferred the Polo but could only afford the Corsa. There was over a grand difference at the time IIRC. The Corsa was utterly terrible and was sold within months.

Things then improved dramatically (others might argue not) when I replaced it with the new(ish) Corvette, which was totally ace and completely faultless, and fast. I bloody loved it. It was the first car that didn't give me any grief and met my expectations.

Last edited by Last Triumph; 02-01-2019 at 09:05 PM..
Old 02-01-2019, 09:27 PM   #30
GBJB
Wannabe Chat Slut

Quote:
I was young, was still finding my feet in a motoring sense and still had lots to learn.

I'd bought, restored and sold my first car (1300 Beelte) before I'd even passed my driving test, so the first car I'd ever owned and driven was the Astra GTE, which was terrible.

I then moved on to the 944 which was also very disappointing, followed by the Mk1 MR2 which was THE most disappointing car I've ever owned - keeping in mind that disappointment is born out of failure to meet expectation/reputation rather than objective status.
I then bought a used Fiesta 1.0 which was okay ish for what it was, but very dull and slow.

All four of those cars had the usual issues and hassles of being 5-10 year old cars. I'd become fed up of used cars and all the shit they bring with them, so decided to 'treat' myself to a brand new car for some worry free motoring.

I looked at the Corsa, Polo and Fiesta, preferred the Polo but could only afford the Corsa. There was over a grand difference at the time IIRC. The Corsa was utterly terrible and was sold within months.

Things then improved dramatically (others might argue not) when I replaced it with the new(ish) Corvette, which was totally ace and completely faultless, and fast. I bloody loved it. It was the first car that didn't give me any grief and met my expectations.
Where did the Countach fit in with all that?

I was on my third car when I started driving! My first two were Beetles, the third was a Mk 1 1.0 Fiesta which I actually learned in, but sold after replacing the front scuttle and respraying it. The profit went a long way towards the professional paint job I had done to my first Beetle after a 3-4 year restoration.

Sorry to digress!
2010 T5 LWB Camper
2019 Golf R Wagon
Reply Post New Thread