The Car & Classic Thread 2019. Something Completely Different! - Page 3 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales
 
Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

     
 

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2019, 06:50 PM   #21
smull
Retired Mr.Vzi
 
smull's Avatar

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (25)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Warrington ish, Cheshire
Posts: 22,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie the monster View Post
This looks nice, love a detailed advert...



www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312243959213?ul_noapp=true
Love that ^

Just for Sweeney, a 924 ‘Shooting Brake’

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1067704?dt=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D525983A-38D7-4CAB-871B-C6EB12F5A181.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	259381  
__________________
Fat Pug Creative: Graphic Design, Photoshop & Print

https://www.facebook.com/fatpugcreative/

Range of Christmas, Birthday & Greetings Cards now available from my eBay store:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/fatpuggre...p2047675.l2562


Quote:
Originally Posted by Twon View Post
No man is an island. Except Barry. Barry Island is an island.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happystamps View Post
Not wanting to be a cunt, and I know it's a quote, but...

Barry Island is a peninsula.
smull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:52 PM   #22
Last Triumph
Help! I'm trapped in here
 
Last Triumph's Avatar

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (8)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 48,469
Default

Not sure if this has been posted before?

Huge power and awesome brake aside, this looks a little cracker...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amazing-1...wAAOSwSlpcB8tt



Last Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:02 PM   #23
GBJB
Wannabe Chat Slut
 
GBJB's Avatar

Trading feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Poulton-le-Fylde, Lancashire
Posts: 1,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Triumph View Post
Not sure if this has been posted before?

Huge power and awesome brake aside, this looks a little cracker...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amazing-1...wAAOSwSlpcB8tt



Shame it’s a horrible car - nothing good at all about that generation of Polo IMO.
__________________
1968 1300 Beetle
1990 Porsche 944 S2
2005 New Beetle Cabrio
2010 T5 LWB Camper
2019 Golf R Wagon
GBJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:10 PM   #24
mr slug
Help! I'm trapped in here
 
mr slug's Avatar

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Folk, East Anglia.
Posts: 23,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smull View Post

Just for Sweeney, a 924 ‘Shooting Brake’

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1067704?dt=1
I call - "photoshop"

Surely, that can't be real - WhoTF thought that would be a good idea?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by User_Name View Post
I bet Chuck Norris wears Mr Slug pyjamas to bed!
mr slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:14 PM   #25
GBJB
Wannabe Chat Slut
 
GBJB's Avatar

Trading feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Poulton-le-Fylde, Lancashire
Posts: 1,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr slug View Post
I call - "photoshop"

Surely, that can't be real - WhoTF thought that would be a good idea?
Has a similar look to a Scimitar to me, and as I have a soft spot for them I don’t dislike it.

However, I can’t see £30k (by a long way).
__________________
1968 1300 Beetle
1990 Porsche 944 S2
2005 New Beetle Cabrio
2010 T5 LWB Camper
2019 Golf R Wagon
GBJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:22 PM   #26
Last Triumph
Help! I'm trapped in here
 
Last Triumph's Avatar

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (8)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 48,469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smull View Post
Love that ^

Just for Sweeney, a 924 ‘Shooting Brake’

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1067704?dt=1
Last Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:25 PM   #27
Last Triumph
Help! I'm trapped in here
 
Last Triumph's Avatar

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (8)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 48,469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBJB View Post
Shame it’s a horrible car - nothing good at all about that generation of Polo IMO.
Memory Red - the B side to Dragon Green.

I nearly bought one when they were new having test driven and looked closely at the Corsa and Fiesta.

It was slower, more poorly equipped and more expensive than the other two, however was head and shoulders above in terms of quality, image and overall feel.

I simply couldn't afford it so had to settle on the Corsa, the second most disappointing car I've ever owned.
Last Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:41 PM   #28
GBJB
Wannabe Chat Slut
 
GBJB's Avatar

Trading feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Poulton-le-Fylde, Lancashire
Posts: 1,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Triumph View Post
Memory Red - the B side to Dragon Green.

I nearly bought one when they were new having test driven and looked closely at the Corsa and Fiesta.

It was slower, more poorly equipped and more expensive than the other two, however was head and shoulders above in terms of quality, image and overall feel.

I simply couldn't afford it so had to settle on the Corsa, the second most disappointing car I've ever owned.
You certainly have had an eclectic range of cars. What could drive you to buy a Corsa beats me though after the cars you have had!

The worst car I have ever had was a Vauxhall. Never again.
__________________
1968 1300 Beetle
1990 Porsche 944 S2
2005 New Beetle Cabrio
2010 T5 LWB Camper
2019 Golf R Wagon
GBJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:02 PM   #29
Last Triumph
Help! I'm trapped in here
 
Last Triumph's Avatar

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (8)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 48,469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBJB View Post
You certainly have had an eclectic range of cars. What could drive you to buy a Corsa beats me though after the cars you have had!

The worst car I have ever had was a Vauxhall. Never again.
I was young, was still finding my feet in a motoring sense and still had lots to learn.

I'd bought, restored and sold my first car (1300 Beelte) before I'd even passed my driving test, so the first car I'd ever owned and driven was the Astra GTE, which was terrible.

I then moved on to the 944 which was also very disappointing, followed by the Mk1 MR2 which was THE most disappointing car I've ever owned - keeping in mind that disappointment is born out of failure to meet expectation/reputation rather than objective status.
I then bought a used Fiesta 1.0 which was okay ish for what it was, but very dull and slow.

All four of those cars had the usual issues and hassles of being 5-10 year old cars. I'd become fed up of used cars and all the shit they bring with them, so decided to 'treat' myself to a brand new car for some worry free motoring.

I looked at the Corsa, Polo and Fiesta, preferred the Polo but could only afford the Corsa. There was over a grand difference at the time IIRC. The Corsa was utterly terrible and was sold within months.

Things then improved dramatically (others might argue not) when I replaced it with the new(ish) Corvette, which was totally ace and completely faultless, and fast. I bloody loved it. It was the first car that didn't give me any grief and met my expectations.

Last edited by Last Triumph; 02-01-2019 at 09:05 PM..
Last Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:27 PM   #30
GBJB
Wannabe Chat Slut
 
GBJB's Avatar

Trading feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Poulton-le-Fylde, Lancashire
Posts: 1,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Triumph View Post
I was young, was still finding my feet in a motoring sense and still had lots to learn.

I'd bought, restored and sold my first car (1300 Beelte) before I'd even passed my driving test, so the first car I'd ever owned and driven was the Astra GTE, which was terrible.

I then moved on to the 944 which was also very disappointing, followed by the Mk1 MR2 which was THE most disappointing car I've ever owned - keeping in mind that disappointment is born out of failure to meet expectation/reputation rather than objective status.
I then bought a used Fiesta 1.0 which was okay ish for what it was, but very dull and slow.

All four of those cars had the usual issues and hassles of being 5-10 year old cars. I'd become fed up of used cars and all the shit they bring with them, so decided to 'treat' myself to a brand new car for some worry free motoring.

I looked at the Corsa, Polo and Fiesta, preferred the Polo but could only afford the Corsa. There was over a grand difference at the time IIRC. The Corsa was utterly terrible and was sold within months.

Things then improved dramatically (others might argue not) when I replaced it with the new(ish) Corvette, which was totally ace and completely faultless, and fast. I bloody loved it. It was the first car that didn't give me any grief and met my expectations.
Where did the Countach fit in with all that?

I was on my third car when I started driving! My first two were Beetles, the third was a Mk 1 1.0 Fiesta which I actually learned in, but sold after replacing the front scuttle and respraying it. The profit went a long way towards the professional paint job I had done to my first Beetle after a 3-4 year restoration.

Sorry to digress!
__________________
1968 1300 Beetle
1990 Porsche 944 S2
2005 New Beetle Cabrio
2010 T5 LWB Camper
2019 Golf R Wagon
GBJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Disclaimer: For recreational purposes only, some assembly required. Any resemblance to real persons,
living or dead is purely intentional and the site admins are not responsible for direct, indirect,
incidental or consequential ridicule resulting from any defect or failure to perform. No animals
were harmed in the creation of this forum. Colours may fade over time. No other warranty expressed or implied.

volkszone.com

SupportingSupporting Brad's Cancer Foundation

 











 
© Volkszone • Terms and Conditions of use