Heavy Plant/Forklift Engineers. - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales
 


     
 

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Jobs For The Boys (& Girls)

Jobs For The Boys (& Girls) Positions Vacant and Jobs Wanted. If you have an opening, post your job ad here. If you have lost your job or on the look out for a new job, place your CV or wanted ad here. Also, if you need a freelancer, contractor or want to commission some work, this is the place. NO TOUTING, USE YELLOW PAGES. Forum available for sponsorship

Reply Post New Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-11-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
89rallye
Wannabe Chat Slut
 
89rallye's Avatar

Trading feedback: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 836
Default Heavy Plant/Forklift Engineers.

..
__________________
Mark.

Current projects:

71 Deluxe Restoration - http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38541

68 Earlybay Restoration - https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=886106

Last edited by 89rallye; 04-04-2011 at 09:09 PM..
89rallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008, 03:04 PM   #2
89rallye
Wannabe Chat Slut
 
89rallye's Avatar

Trading feedback: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 836
Default

Oh forgot to say on starting you would get a brand new Merc Sprinter (which you can use all you want tax free!), mobile phone (again use all you want) and a company credit card (you can use all you want as long as its for company business)
__________________
Mark.

Current projects:

71 Deluxe Restoration - http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38541

68 Earlybay Restoration - https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=886106
89rallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
just in time
Chat Slapper
 
just in time's Avatar

Trading feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: staffordshire, leek
Posts: 495
Default big loaders are cool!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89rallye View Post
Oh forgot to say on starting you would get a brand new Merc Sprinter (which you can use all you want tax free!), mobile phone (again use all you want) and a company credit card (you can use all you want as long as its for company business)
I 'm interested in this kind of job, just lost my job with jcb.
Would they be willing to train me ,as i would nead training for this kind of job , i worked on the jcb 456 loaders and would love to work a round the country after working in a factory!!!. I've looked at the web site, but the job section is blank!!!!
just in time is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 16-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #4
89rallye
Wannabe Chat Slut
 
89rallye's Avatar

Trading feedback: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by just in time View Post
I 'm interested in this kind of job, just lost my job with jcb.
Would they be willing to train me ,as i would nead training for this kind of job , i worked on the jcb 456 loaders and would love to work a round the country after working in a factory!!!. I've looked at the web site, but the job section is blank!!!!
Yes training is given, you actually go out to the factory in Sweden and if your lucky you might also get a trip to Lake Garda in Italy where the other factory is. (I went 3 years back but nobody has been out there for a while)

Dont worry about the website it never gets updated, since SMV the Swedish company were recently bought out by Konecranes it forced my boss to change the name of our company to an independant one (we were SMVUK, but couldnt become Konwcranes UK cause it already exists hence Cooper Specialised handlling)

Anyway my point being... if you check the old website the jobs info is still there

http://www.smvlifttrucks.co.uk/html/jobs.html

(Thats actually me in my van btw )

And funnily enough the guy we have just taken on to cover Bristol two weeks ago is an ex JCB plant fitter. As long as you have good basic knowledge of electrical, hydraulic systems and can read schematics etc your laughing

Easiest thing to do is send in a CV or if you pm me I can give you my bosses number and you could speak to him directly (although I am now away till at least Wednesday). At worst all they can do is say no. Would be nice to have a fellow dubber on board to, all our lot are into bike
__________________
Mark.

Current projects:

71 Deluxe Restoration - http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38541

68 Earlybay Restoration - https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=886106

Last edited by 89rallye; 16-11-2008 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: Spelling mistakes :)
89rallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
just in time
Chat Slapper
 
just in time's Avatar

Trading feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: staffordshire, leek
Posts: 495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89rallye View Post
Yes training is given, you actually go out to the factory in Sweden and if your lucky you might also get a trip to Lake Garda in Italy where the other factory is. (I went 3 years back but nobody has been out there for a while)

Dont worry about the website it never gets updated, since SMV the Swedish company were recently bought out by Konecranes it forced my boss to change the name of our company to an independant one (we were SMVUK, but couldnt become Konwcranes UK cause it already exists hence Cooper Specialised handlling)

Anyway my point being... if you check the old website the jobs info is still there

http://www.smvlifttrucks.co.uk/html/jobs.html

(Thats actually me in my van btw )

And funnily enough the guy we have just taken on to cover Bristol two weeks ago is an ex JCB plant fitter. As long as you have good basic knowledge of electrical, hydraulic systems and can read schematics etc your laughing

Easiest thing to do is send in a CV or if you pm me I can give you my bosses number and you could speak to him directly (although I am now away till at least Wednesday). At worst all they can do is say no. Would be nice to have a fellow dubber on board to, all our lot are into bike
thanks for all the info ,I will send my cv. wish me luck .I would love to work on that kind of kit, realy cool . thanks
just in time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #6
chrisvrscrx
Wannabe Chat Slut
 
chrisvrscrx's Avatar

Trading feedback: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 844
Default

Do they have work in the north west? Although I have a very good job I like the sound of this one! I would travel as I go all over the country now!
Cheers
__________________
Hi Five
chrisvrscrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #7
89rallye
Wannabe Chat Slut
 
89rallye's Avatar

Trading feedback: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvrscrx View Post
Do they have work in the north west? Although I have a very good job I like the sound of this one! I would travel as I go all over the country now!
Cheers
We dont have much work in the NW and already have two guys in Liverpool (myself included), but you never know they are willing to pay people to travel which is ok if you dont mind never being at home
__________________
Mark.

Current projects:

71 Deluxe Restoration - http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38541

68 Earlybay Restoration - https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=886106
89rallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 09:15 PM   #8
vwgolfgtinut
Chat Slapper
 
vwgolfgtinut's Avatar

Trading feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Stratford on Avon
Posts: 145
Default

the big question is whats the pay like?
vwgolfgtinut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #9
89rallye
Wannabe Chat Slut
 
89rallye's Avatar

Trading feedback: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 836
Default

Basic is above average (24-25Kish) but with overtime you can clear 35K easy and make anything upto an over 50k depending what hours you want to put in.
__________________
Mark.

Current projects:

71 Deluxe Restoration - http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38541

68 Earlybay Restoration - https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=886106
89rallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Disclaimer: For recreational purposes only, some assembly required. Any resemblance to real persons,
living or dead is purely intentional and the site admins are not responsible for direct, indirect,
incidental or consequential ridicule resulting from any defect or failure to perform. No animals
were harmed in the creation of this forum. Colours may fade over time. No other warranty expressed or implied.

volkszone.com

SupportingSupporting Brad's Cancer Foundation

 











 
© Volkszone • Terms and Conditions of use