Volkszone Forum banner

Sweep floor turbo build :D

7K views 31 replies 8 participants last post by  GARRICK.CLARK 
#1 ·
Hi folks,
Thought I'd do a thread and see what can be done on a tight budget with parts I have lying around.

The engine will be built using almost entirely of used parts with the exception of bearings gaskets etc

It will be race only so I am not held back by the restraints of cooling systems or pump gas and maximum power will be the aim.

I will where possible fabricate parts like the header and intake system for example in order to try and keep costs to a minimum.

The aim is to see what can be achieved without just opening up your wallet :), that said nothing is free however I will publish costs.

This will be a long term project done in between jobs, racing and family so may take a while but id like to be testing the engine early 2020.

Thanks

Jay

See less See more
#29 ·
Borrowed a turbo from a mate for mock up when the time comes. Its a holset hx35/40 and is what I plan to run on this. (pen for scale:lol:)

Also recently I built this little buggy engine for a customer and was thinking how well the exhaust would work for a turbo application ;)

I think I may well go down this route as these exhausts are cheap and the pipes are close to equal length, I will probably separate the collector for the twin scroll exhaust housing.

Thanks

Jay

Attachments

#31 ·
""Yeah that header would work well. That's a big turbo, maybe too big.
Mine is 48 on the exhaust 61 on the cold. works well on 1911

I hope so and is nicely priced :)

As for too big, maybe but seeing as this a drag race only engine it shouldn't matter too much what it does at low rpm doesn't need street manners. Im prepared to use a small shot of nitrous to get it spooling if need be :D

Thanks

Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.