1975 VW T2 Bay Window Viking Conversion – MOT & TAX EXEMPT
Advertised here is our 1975 VW T2 Bay Window camper van that we have owned since June 2011. Upon purchase, she was used for a summer of camping and performed faultlessly throughout. The previous owner had the lower 6 inches of the van restored in previous years, however we began to notice some leaks from the gutter. After some poking and prodding we were disheartened to find some quite nasty rust.
Over the following 12 months she was subject to a full exterior, interior and mechanical restoration with no expense spared including a full engine rebuild, hand built interior, bespoke re-trim and full body respray. Since then we have used her every summer for trips all over the UK and Europe with absolutely no issues. She is dry stored in a heated unit and only used in fair weather to ensure all of the hard work was not undone over the following years. Runs and drives brilliantly, you just need insurance and you can drive her home!
The work carried out is as follows:
- • Bespoke roof gutter sections (fabricated by local firm due to poor quality of aftermarket panels available).
- • Rear cargo floor sections
- • Repair sections around windows
- • Side panels straightened and previous lower half repairs tidied
- • Full body respray
- • Full engine rebuild and regular servicing by P&S Aircooled VW Services (with receipts and mileage)
- • Re-trimmed in blue & white highest quality Scottish hide leather by CC Trim in Cheshire.
- • Secondary blue cloth trim cushion set for rear that we used for casual/muddy days
- • Hand built cabinets built to replicate original Viking lay out in the rear by Geoff Cooke Coachbuilders
- • Plug sockets & LED comfort lights installed
- • Brand new 3 way fridge (mains/gas/leisure battery)
- • Full speaker system in front and rear with AUX and Bluetooth compatible radio
- • Original steel wheels sourced, sand blasted and powder coated
- • Electric control module installed as pictured, allows for easy switching between leisure and car batteries, powers water pump for sink and displays battery condition.
- The rear of the van also features a gas powered two ring hob, grill and sink which are all in perfect working order.
The seats in the rear can be arranged in different positions along with the table and also folds down to make a bed suitable for sleeping two as pictured.
With the roof popped up, supported by exterior hydraulic struts and interior braces, you almost double your space! At 6’ I can stand up tall with my arms stretched and just touch the tip of the roof. In the top there is a large fold out bed, which will easily sleep an adult or children. There is also space for children to sleep either side of the fold out bed.
She does have a slight oil leak (find a flat four that doesn’t!) and there is a slow drain on the battery, however an isolator has been fitted to prevent you from being left stranded! Apart from that she wants for nothing and is ready to be driven away on her next adventure.
The only reason for the sale of our van is that she sadly does not see enough use and we need the space, so sadly she has to go.
Viewing advised. Please call George on 07736 560794 for more information. I am asking for the agreed insurance value of the vehicle.