Volkszone Forum banner

56 Oval shell (rust free)

For Sale 
2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  plipton 
#1 · (Edited)
Rust free RHD 1956 oval shell for sale due to a change of plans. £2250 OVNO.

Shell comes complete with;
  • OG chassis (which needs work to replace the floorpans and the front beam)
  • A decent pair of rust free doors,
  • 1 piece door glass
  • OG 'W' decklid
  • Headlights
  • Tail lights
  • A working pair of semaphores
  • 4 repro steel wings
  • Repro pre 67 bonnet
  • Fuel tank
  • Speedo
  • Repro speaker grill
  • Steering column
  • Steering wheel (has seen better days!)
  • OG cardboard glove box
  • OG rear seat
  • OG door handles (rough)
  • Repro headliner
  • Most of the glass (need to double check if the rear side glass is still there)
  • Plus a load of other bits I've probably forgotten I've got stored in boxes

A lot of money has been spent on this shell and all the welding that was needed has carried out way back in 1991 - it has since been dry-stored. Currently the rear body mounts are set up for a later BJ chassis (my plan was to use an auto IRS chassis) but this is a simple job to change the mount location. The side and bonnet trim holes have been welded up for the smooth look as was the fashion in the early 90s.

This is a very good, honest shell but is not totally original due to the use of repair panels (best available from Haselock's at the time) and I'm sure anyone who knows their Beetles will spot the heater channels, front valance and bumper mounts are from a later car.

However, this shell would suit someone who wants the retro look without spending a lot of cash, or someone looking for a cool shell for their later BJ chassis. Alternatively if you plan to restore the OG chassis to use under the shell for the road it will need to be reregistered with the DVLA

The car is located in Norfolk a few miles from Kings Lynn and viewings are welcome, but please give me at least a day's notice if you plan to view.

Pics show the shell while it was being worked on and on the IRS chassis. That chassis is not included in the sale - the OG 56 chassis is included.

Please PM for more pix or with any questions and I'll do my best to answer ASAP.

Ta
Rick

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.