Volkszone Forum banner

panels for a bay?

Body 
2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  panelvancraig 
#1 ·
hi all,
my dads after some panels for his 77 bay, i was wondering what tends to be best quality, fit e.t.c? also was wondering whether to buy new from schofields e.t.c or source solid panels from vw breakers?
cheers.

#2 ·
they are all similar in quality, so any of the big guys will sell at around the same price. Hookeys do a better quality, but at a higher price. fit is always a thing for discussion, but i havent had many panels that fitted spot on without some banging and twisting.
Yep, you can get plenty of OG parts from the VW breakers, but be prepared to do some work on them as they are usually cut off from the vehicle where they can get to them, and its down to you to remove the metal you dont want.

#3 ·
Some panels are always good and some bad regardless of where you get them. Schofield make stuff like B-pillar outers and supply them to the likes of JK. My personal experience of Schofields is they are really nice to deal with, always come up with the goods, well priced but not very good at packaging the larger panels which as often as not arrive damaged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.