Tyres - where do you buy them from? - Page 5 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Tech Forums > Wheels & Tyres Forum

Wheels & Tyres Forum Please discuss wheels or tyres (for all vehicles) in here.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 21-10-2014, 11:50 PM   #41
fatony1
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (3)

Camskill every time, fit them myself on the tyre machine at work.
Old 22-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #42
evilC

Trading feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
make some garden planters out of them and turn them into a feature

Done some of that but its bad enough having a stack of around 20 all in one spot but spreading them out over the garden wouldn't look nice. The missus has taken a couple for potato planters but I doubt she wants any more as its back breaking work shovelling all the soil.
evilC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #43
misteralz
I'm not an addict... honest!

Make friends with a farmer. They always need old tyres to keep haps weighed down for the silage and umpteen other things. Farmers will take absolutely anything provided they don't have to pay for it and/or it might be useful to them 'one day'.

Old 22-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #44
evilC

Thought of that, but few farmers around these parts have sileage heaps and none locally (probably the pikeys from the local sites would nick the tyres)
Old 22-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #45
dubwise

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Old Patina View Post
Tried out blackcircles for the first time and they were 20 cheaper than anywhere else local, no problems encountered so would deffo do it again....
always used black circles for years now. they've been great for both price and service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilC View Post
Done some of that but its bad enough having a stack of around 20 all in one spot but spreading them out over the garden wouldn't look nice. The missus has taken a couple for potato planters but I doubt she wants any more as its back breaking work shovelling all the soil.
i was only joking about the planters.
reminds me of that grand designs build that matey did with tyres, that looked like a fuck load of work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteralz View Post
Make friends with a farmer. They always need old tyres to keep haps weighed down for the silage and umpteen other things. Farmers will take absolutely anything provided they don't have to pay for it and/or it might be useful to them 'one day'.
if making friends with a farmer is too much like hard work just go for a drive in the country and find a silage heap to dump them on.
dubwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #46
evilC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
if making friends with a farmer is too much like hard work just go for a drive in the country and find a silage heap to dump them on.
You've given me an idea! We have a very large Pikey site nearby that the **** on the corner has planted some fuck off cast iron bollards on the verge that she has claimed. I could do the community thing and lob the tyres over each bollard to make them more car friendly????
Old 23-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #47
dubwise

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilC View Post
You've given me an idea! We have a very large Pikey site nearby that the **** on the corner has planted some fuck off cast iron bollards on the verge that she has claimed. I could do the community thing and lob the tyres over each bollard to make them more car friendly????
and if those tyres just so happened to be on fire you could play pikey hoopla
dubwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #48
JonP50
Chat Virgin

I've always found two places that I get mine from, just depends what you want, never had a problem with either of them, and you can actually talk to someone who seems to know what they are talking about, not a call centre bod!

http://www.jungletyres.co.uk/ or http://www.tyremen.co.uk/

Cheers

Jon
JonP50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #49
JoeM
Seasoned Chat Slut

My approach to buying tyres is usually by another set of wheels with good tyres & sell the old wheels on lol.

Or get tyres swapped over at my local tyre place as they only charge me 5 per wheel & no disposal if I go in and pay cash at lunch times.

For new tyres, blackcircles with fitting at a local garage, bought 2 Khumo's for my CRV 147 fitted. My local tyre place 165 (and they are always competitive!)

2006 Mk5 Golf Plus 1.9 TDI - Family Mobile / 2004 Honda CRV 2.0i - Daily
JoeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread