t25 1.9tdi (anf) fuel pump problems - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > CLUB FORUMS > Alternate Engine

Alternate Engine Got a Scooby motor in the back of your dub? Or a V8? Alfa? You know a Porsche motor drops straight in - right? This is the forum for you. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

Reply Post New Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 23-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
rob10880

Trading feedback: (0)

Default t25 1.9tdi (anf) fuel pump problems

hello i have fitted the 1.9tdi engine in my van after blowing up my aaz engine i am running the aaz fuel pump and i have avd the pump timing and adjust the up the fuel up on the back of the pump and fitted a boost pin in it but it does putting out the power i hvae heard that some people fit a discovery fuel pump on do you think this would help or does any one else have any over ideals which may help
many thanks rob
rob10880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
Bugsy_Malone 666
Help! I'm trapped in here

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (7)

That doesnt totally make sense what you have done there.

you blew your first engine and fitted a new one with a AAZ fuel pump off your old engine.

I presume you took the cover off (well bolt thing) off the back of the fuel pump between the injector pipes and used a DTI gauge to set the timing up?

if the timing has been setup to spot on, are you saying it does run different and not as powerful?

I dont know what you have heard about 'discovery' fuel pumps which I think are all CAV pumps, but the stock vw bosch pumps good for about 200bhp with a little adjustment so I'd stick with the bosch pump. With the boost pin, usually you use one out of a 1.6TD golf engine, is that what you have done?

If you have done that before setting up the pump, I'd be inclined to set up from scratch with orignal pin and see how it drives, as changing too many variables at once makes it a pain to trouble shoot.

...One day I'll finish it all.
Bugsy_Malone 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
rob10880

i have not set the pump up with a dti i just use the pin in the pully do you know where i can find out about doing this too

Old 23-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #4
Bugsy_Malone 666

VZi Member Sponsor

if you get a haynes manual for a golf diesel (the one I used was a mk1) it shows how to set up the pump timing. My mk3 golf haynes also goes through the proceedure.

basically you have slotted holes that hold the pump to the mount, using a locking pin through the front wheel it says to set the pump so the bolts are roughly in the middle of the slotted holes to get you started. in the back of the pump in the centre of the injector pipes theres a small bolt you take out and screw in an adaptor/dti gauge.

I bought a DTi gauge and magnetic stand off ebay for about 20 quid and its more difficult to setup to get a reading to see how far you are out but its a start.

You really do need to have a look at the haynes to understand how it works, but its really fine adjustment and it makes a massive difference.

Old 24-10-2009, 08:43 AM   #5
rob10880

thanks bud i will try this
Old 24-10-2009, 12:52 PM   #6
SPANNERBOY

Trading feedback: (11)

Get yourself over to brick-yard
Old 24-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #7
rob10880

ok bud i will take a look
Old 24-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #8
Rad Dubs and Englishmen

Just for clarification, do you mean AFN engine code or ANF? ANF is 5 cylinder 2.5TDI, AFN is 1.9TDI. I suspect you mean the latter. Personally I don't see how anyone can expect a TDI to run sensibly with an old mechanical fuel pump from an AAZ.
It's like asking an Olympic athlete to perform on a diet of just custard creams. Totally inappropriate.
Rad Dubs and Englishmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 11:41 PM   #9
Bugsy_Malone 666

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Dubs and Englishmen View Post
It's like asking an Olympic athlete to perform on a diet of just custard creams.
Quote for the win!

Reply Post New Thread