Volkszone Forum banner

Beetle 2010

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  type3 
#1 ·
We are looking at buying a 2010 beetle with 35k on the clock, it's in good nick and has had new cam belt and ignition pack- the dealer wants £4.5k, is this a reasonable price?

#2 ·
All depends on how good the car is I guess, but to me it sounds a lot for a car that’s nearly a decade old. There seems to be plenty of choice out there from £3-4k. Just my opinion of course :)

#3 ·
A lot will depend on colour, spec, options etc and as Smull says, it's not the cheapest in the world, but one has to remember that the dealer will have a margin in the car.

There's a price to pay for peace of mind and having some come back if the cars turns out to be problematic.

One thing we do know is that they're not making any more.

If it's a minter and has full history and providence, you can't go too wrong.

#4 ·
Will they haggle at all?

Looking on eBay there’s 2007 cab with 65k for £4k. A 2008 with 50k and FSH for £4k. There’s also a newer model 2012 for £8k for comparison.

Dealers will always charge more so it’s probably up at the top end of what it’s worth. But might be reflected in the low mileage condition. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.