work around cheltenham? - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Jobs For The Boys (& Girls)

Jobs For The Boys (& Girls) Positions Vacant and Jobs Wanted. If you have an opening, post your job ad here. If you have lost your job or on the look out for a new job, place your CV or wanted ad here. Also, if you need a freelancer, contractor or want to commission some work, this is the place. NO TOUTING, USE YELLOW PAGES. Forum available for sponsorship

Reply Post New Thread

Old 26-11-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
dubshack
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (7)

Default work around cheltenham?

i am moving to cheltenham/Cirencester area in the next few months and wanted to see if there is any work around.

i have been a van driver in london for the last 3 years and before that i was a builder in spain. have done a few dubs in the last 6 years and would love something to do with them (as would we all ). can weld, paint, do most engine work and i'm willing to learn. any thing considered, i'm not looking to make lots of money, just to find a job to pay the bills and if i meet some nice dubnuts along the way its a plus.
I am a qualified chef too.

thanks for reading.

Tom
dubshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2008, 05:34 PM   #2
Dickieboy
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubshack View Post
i am moving to cheltenham/Cirencester area in the next few months and wanted to see if there is any work around.

i have been a van driver in london for the last 3 years and before that i was a builder in spain. have done a few dubs in the last 6 years and would love something to do with them (as would we all ). can weld, paint, do most engine work and i'm willing to learn. any thing considered, i'm not looking to make lots of money, just to find a job to pay the bills and if i meet some nice dubnuts along the way its a plus.
I am a qualified chef too.

thanks for reading.

Tom
I shall have a shout around for ya mate..
Im in the building trade so can ask on that route and have a couple of friends doing the dub thing as a living..
You defo got to meet up with us guys at the FDK meets,cuz were all ace
Dickieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
dubshack
Seasoned Chat Slut

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieboy View Post
I shall have a shout around for ya mate..
Im in the building trade so can ask on that route and have a couple of friends doing the dub thing as a living..
You defo got to meet up with us guys at the FDK meets,cuz were all ace
thanks man that would be great! defo meet up soon, just wish the bus was on the road. . spotted you on lee's facebook the other day. just out the blue, are you running s/axles or r/boxes? the r/boxes seem to be a bit of a pain but doing the s/axle thing would mean a g/box change too and want to know i you think its worth it? not to bothered about ride high as long as its not to hard on the bumps. let me know if anything comes up with the work dude, thanks again

Old 26-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
the braincell

Trading feedback: (1)

Well now, if your a chef you may like to contact Letheby and Christopher .. they do the catering for the races.

My sis used to take time off work to work as a waitress at the races.. Loadsamoney

And yes, we are all rather ace In our own ways
Old 26-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #5
dubshack
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by the braincell View Post
Well now, if your a chef you may like to contact Letheby and Christopher .. they do the catering for the races.

My sis used to take time off work to work as a waitress at the races.. Loadsamoney

And yes, we are all rather ace In our own ways
thanks dude, i'll have to grab some contact details from you. would be good for some night time work but full time it gets a bit to hot
so what do you have to do to become a fdk? apart from be ace?

Last edited by dubshack; 26-11-2008 at 10:43 PM..
Old 26-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #6
the braincell

Trading feedback: (1)

Quote:
thanks dude, i'll have to grab some contact details from you. would be good for some night time work but full time it gets a bit to hot
so what do you have to do to become a kdc? apart from be ace?
Well, get the name right for starters !! Apart from that, you gotta like having fun, like dubbin, and we don't mind if you're not a saint

Oh, and I don't have any contact details for Letheby and Christopher I'm afraid, not without googling.. But they always advertise in the local paper, Sis is now in Grand Caymen, we don't get together too often !
Old 26-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #7
negawsklov

Trading feedback: (4)

Quote:
...you gotta like having fun, like dubbin, and we don't mind if you're not a saint
'66 Bug Project
C7/4G Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro SLine
negawsklov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2008, 10:40 PM   #8
Dickieboy

Quote:
thanks man that would be great! defo meet up soon, just wish the bus was on the road. . spotted you on lee's facebook the other day. just out the blue, are you running s/axles or r/boxes? the r/boxes seem to be a bit of a pain but doing the s/axle thing would mean a g/box change too and want to know i you think its worth it? not to bothered about ride high as long as its not to hard on the bumps. let me know if anything comes up with the work dude, thanks again
saw lee and and candy the other week actually,came back to chelt for a weekend.
My bus is irs'd which is possibly the hardest route but well worth it.it knocked a 1000rpm off the revs at 60.changed my g/box for a type3 box,it drives absolutely mint now
Old 26-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #9
Dickieboy

Quote:
having fun, like dubbin, and we don't mind if you're not a saint
thank fuck for that
Old 23-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #10
dubshack
Seasoned Chat Slut

bump my move date is now 1st of may looking for any thing really........
Reply Post New Thread