Offshore work: Trainee Geophysical Engineer, Engineering, Superintendant, all sorts! - Page 2 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Jobs For The Boys (& Girls)

Jobs For The Boys (& Girls) Positions Vacant and Jobs Wanted. If you have an opening, post your job ad here. If you have lost your job or on the look out for a new job, place your CV or wanted ad here. Also, if you need a freelancer, contractor or want to commission some work, this is the place. NO TOUTING, USE YELLOW PAGES. Forum available for sponsorship

Reply Post New Thread

Old 13-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #11
bozz

Trading feedback: (0)

Thumbs up very interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall-apart-dave View Post
Figured I'd stick this on here just in case anyone is looking for offshore work... The place I work is recruiting again.

There's trainee Geophysical Engineer:

You will provide a proactive and comprehensive service to effectively support the needs of the department, both on-board the vessels and at our Head Office. Based predominantly at our Head Office in Great Yarmouth for approximately the first two years of training. You will learn all aspects of the offshore role and the onshore support and management functions.

Seagoing Underwater Geophysics Engineer

What I do basically. Collecting geophysical data using sub-bottom profilers, sonar etc. as well as maintaining the geophys equipment on board.

(from the site):

We are currently recruiting seagoing engineers (Underwater Engineers) for our Geo-Engineering department to support the hydrographic and geophysical survey teams. You will be responsible for deploying, recovering, maintaining, repairing and replacing equipment and parts as required. You MUST have strong Electronics experience and/or qualifications. More info here

Offshore Source Mechanic

Maintenance of compressors and seismic guns and mechanical equipment on board.

(from the site):

We are currently looking to recruit seagoing engineers (Source Mechanics) for our Geo Engineering department. You will be responsible for operating and maintaining the seismic source and compressor packages on the company's vessels. Strong Mechanical experience and/or qualifications IS essential.More info here

Vessel Superintendant:

Reporting to the Marine Manager, the successful applicant will have overall responsibility for ensuring that company operated vessels are maintained and managed to remain fully operational condition. More info here

Survery Support Engineer:

Working for Gardline Geosurvey Limited you will work in the Positioning department as a Survey Support Engineer, working closely alongside both surveyors and engineers.More info here

Companies website is here to get an idea of what we "do":

http://www.gardlinemarinesciences.com/

I would be happy to forward any CV's directly to the HR department (just drop me a PM), or you can apply via the website. Feel free to PM me with any questions and I'll do my best to answer!

Hope this helps someone!
hey dave, i'm very interested in the mech position and have just completed my offshore survival and medical, if you send me your email address i'll email you my cv, would be great if you could drop it in for me,
cheers, Bozz.
bozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #12
bozz

my email address is bozzburrell AT hotmail.com.
cheers, Bozz
bozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #13
assmoothasfcuk
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (1)

Dave,

I notice that you mention a Trainee Geophysical Engineer position, but the website doesnt mention the trainee part. Should i be concerned?

Can you PM me with your email address, and i will bang over my CV and a cover letter, and you could make sure that i actually apply for the trainee position. I just dont want to apply for a qualified position, only to get laughed at, and my CV not getting forwarded to the right place. If that makes sense.

Many thanks

Danny!

Old 15-10-2009, 07:27 PM   #14
fall-apart-dave
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (2)

YGPM dude

One had better check ones self before one subsequently wrecks one's self.
fall-apart-dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #15
fall-apart-dave

Bozz, CV forwarded mate

Old 26-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #16
bugnutuk
Chat Slapper

Default siesmic jobs

i will take it i was suppose to be doing this for another company in africa but it fell through but app done and sent thanks for the heads up
bugnutuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 11:57 PM   #17
fall-apart-dave

You're welcome dude.

Old 27-10-2009, 12:00 AM   #18
kvwloon

Still got this 'for my back pocket' come end of Feb next year. Cheers FAD.

‎'The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness'.
-J.K. Galbraith
kvwloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009, 12:25 AM   #19
dave18

Trading feedback: (1)

Look his company is based in Yarco so not too far for the offices they normaly have a boat or two in the habour, just look for a emblem of a G in like a diamond if im right,
There is a reason i call them 00HELL
dave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 08:31 PM   #20
fall-apart-dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvwloon View Post
Still got this 'for my back pocket' come end of Feb next year. Cheers FAD.
Lets hope I see you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave18 View Post
Look his company is based in Yarco so not too far for the offices they normaly have a boat or two in the habour, just look for a emblem of a G in like a diamond if im right,
Aye they do. We had an OOOGE new one in not so long ago, so I hear. But you are correct, Sir! Diamond with a "G" in it, blue and white ships usually.

Reply Post New Thread