Volkszone Forum banner

Another thread full of SOUP.

3K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  Sol Ford 
#1 ·
The original one has been retired to the cool thread bit, so.......

This autumn we've had a couple of pans of soup, but yesterday felt autumnal and soupy. A big pan of minestrone was made.

Today, No.2 child and I have been out on the bikes. It was a bit rainy, a bit chilly, you know, soup weather. We came home and warmed up the remaining minestrone, it had thickened overnight too, add a couple of slices of buttered white bread...... Delicious! I followed it with a slice of apple pie, heavenly, but I don't want to spoil a soup thread with pie.;)

How's it going soupsters?

#18 ·
Pea and Ham

I had Pea and Ham today, but bought it in Waitrose :lol:
and added extra ham pieces ;)
2 Lovely crusty Olive bread rolls and salt crystal butter to go with it.

Cooking for the Band ?? we just used to eat junk, fish and chips, Curry, Chinese, Kebabs etc. etc. highlight was afternoon film at the pictures before a gig, and ice creams :) and for some, a chance to get some kip.

#20 ·
A bit late bumping this thread back up, we're already a couple of months into soup season at Ford Old Hall.

Tonight's offering is a very plain (and quick, everyone is in and out all night) leek and potato soup, with homemade bread. T'is very nice. :)

#27 ·
Walking the dogs at the weekend, was lucky enough to score a few turnips that had fell off a trailer.
So, couple tins of mushy peas, some stock that the ham was boiled in and . . . .

Voila - a cheeky cheap accompaniment to a ham sandwich :D
It looks good. :)

Are those brown bits, next to the tomatoes, crumbs left over from the sandwich. :incheek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.