Volkszone Forum banner

A beginners body off resto

General 
1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  lilblue1970 
#1 ·
Hi all feel free to comment and give free advice to anything you see and read here as I am a total beginner and have never welded before .
So first to tackle taking the body off the floor pan ahhhh before this I welded cross supports between the two door openings and across between the front door posts and the rear door posts then I started taking out all the bolts that holds the body to the pan as it happens it's so rotten most of the bolts along the side are spinning due to the rotten heater channels so I ended up cutting them off ok all the bolts are out time to lift the body off ..... Or not it turns out it's welded yo the pan in places too so out with the grinder a couple of hours later and it's free so with all the wiring loom disconnected and the steering box bolts removed I started removing the body I can tell you now it's not an easy job to do on you own but with a trolley jack some blocks of wood and a couple of tires it's up and the stands made by my brother inlaw are slid under the body ahhhh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.