SKY Engineers wanted in Postcodes all over the country - Page 2 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Jobs For The Boys (& Girls)

Jobs For The Boys (& Girls) Positions Vacant and Jobs Wanted. If you have an opening, post your job ad here. If you have lost your job or on the look out for a new job, place your CV or wanted ad here. Also, if you need a freelancer, contractor or want to commission some work, this is the place. NO TOUTING, USE YELLOW PAGES. Forum available for sponsorship

Reply Post New Thread

Old 29-11-2008, 04:49 AM   #11
Whitey82
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barky View Post
40 hours a week , various shift patterns , but your day is made of minutes , and its job and knock , you finish your jobs early , you go home ,

Wages are 16,500 basic but with bouns you can earn 23000 as the website states , but you can earn alot more
thats crap, if you finish all your jobs early they know about it on the computers and expect you to go and help other engineers on their jobs until everyone is finished in your area,plus some nights yourl be working in the dark,ice,snow,earthquake, hurricane etc etc....... and if you wanna give up your weekends for the rest of your life then yeah go for it!! sorry i sound bitter,just a bad experience!!
Whitey82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #12
Devamatt
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (0)

We I applied about two weeks ago for the CH postcode area, not heard anything yet though....
Devamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #13
notails
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (1)

I applied two weeks ago. Got a call 2 days after for a phone interview ( passed) and then had to go to the assesment centre wednesday gone. Hoped I've past that to. We were told that even if you do pass they wont be giving you a job till the new year.

JIm

notails is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29-11-2008, 06:26 PM   #14
Barky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey82 View Post
you have to work bloody hard to meet any targets to make decent money and the health and safety these days is off the head!!! bloody full harness on a single section ladder or your sacked lol!! plus if a product fails and there is a service call against a job u have done within 30 days even because of a faulty box you basically wont get paid for that job, and think how many boxes are faulty, a lot!!! wouldnt even bother!!
Wrong , with introduction of SEG30 Cards , you leave your managers number if there is a problem within 30 days they call your manager , you go back , you keep your bonus , We have been on a new bouns scheme since May/June , 1200 ish bonus this month , thats average a month on the new scheme
Old 29-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #15
Barky

Quote:
thats crap, if you finish all your jobs early they know about it on the computers and expect you to go and help other engineers on their jobs until everyone is finished in your area,plus some nights yourl be working in the dark,ice,snow,earthquake, hurricane etc etc....... and if you wanna give up your weekends for the rest of your life then yeah go for it!! sorry i sound bitter,just a bad experience!!
yeah its called Team work , in our team we buddy up , i have someone else in the team that is on the same rota , we call each other if we finish early , we help each other till we are both finished , then we go home , normally at home about 4 , its give and take , i m paid a basic wage to work 8:30 - 5:30 so you should excpect to work those hours , if you finish early its a bonus

and yes you do sound bitter , i didnt post this up for discussion , i posted it up cause some people are seeking or struggling to find employment , its the same as any job it aint for everyone , people will make up ther own minds
Old 29-11-2008, 06:38 PM   #16
Barky

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyonboard View Post
just thought of another question, how long does the recruitment process take?
It varies mate , sometimes its a few days , sometimes months , depends how many have applied for that area , how many needed for that area , etc etc
Old 30-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #17
Whitey82
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barky View Post
Wrong , with introduction of SEG30 Cards , you leave your managers number if there is a problem within 30 days they call your manager , you go back , you keep your bonus , We have been on a new bouns scheme since May/June , 1200 ish bonus this month , thats average a month on the new scheme
sounds like they have addressed a few issues then since i was there,actualy sounds pretty,i was only gettin about 1200 a month in total including bonus! If i came back would i have to go through the whole training process again, i still got still got all my certs from sky.
are they recruting in GL do u know? funny how the tables turn lol, plus i was wasted when i wrote the last post,sorry bout that lol
Whitey82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 04:52 PM   #18
bigbadbugga

Trading feedback: (7)

They are not recruiting in my postcode at the minute, but I'll keep checking. Sounds like the sort of career change I've been looking for

thanks for the heads up mate
bigbadbugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #19
Barky

Quote:
sounds like they have addressed a few issues then since i was there,actualy sounds pretty,i was only gettin about 1200 a month in total including bonus! If i came back would i have to go through the whole training process again, i still got still got all my certs from sky.
are they recruting in GL do u know? funny how the tables turn lol, plus i was wasted when i wrote the last post,sorry bout that lol
S'ok

Yeah GL is on the list
Old 30-11-2008, 06:51 PM   #20
monkeyonboard

Trading feedback: (5)

It would be a bit of a wages drop for me but I need to give it some more thought.

thanks for your replies Barky
monkeyonboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread