For Sale VW Splitscreen Camper 1964 (possibly Devon). Motíd rolling resto. - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Volkszone Classifieds > Vehicles For Sale

Vehicles For Sale If you have a Vehicle for Sale or are looking for something - Take a Browse Around. Private sales only please. Commercial and 'regular' sellers, please take a banner advert or become a Member Sponsor and support the site before running your 'business' or 'just selling' through VZi. VZi Classifieds were originally set up as a 'free to use' facility for the members who contribute with threads and replies in the Mech Tech, Chat and Readers Rides forums etc. As VZi has got bigger, we see more and more new Members who ONLY ever post in the Classifieds and contribute nothing (neither monetary nor in content) to the forums. This is fine, however to use our facility this way you will need to become a Member Sponsor.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 14-01-2016, 10:29 AM   #1
Richardjay
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (0)

Default VW Splitscreen Camper 1964 (possibly Devon). Motíd rolling resto.

Hi all, a friend of mine told me about this bus which had been sat on a driveway for over six years. I managed to do a deal with the owner and began the process of bringing it back to life.

I have now been through all the brakes and all the electrics and done a few other things and have now got it MOTíd (valid until Jan 2017) so it can be used and enjoyed.

To get it through the MOT the only welding I had to do was to tidy up a couple of holes on the front valance. The underneath of the van was in great shape, which matched up with the story I was told about it, which was that it was fully restored in 2002 after being imported from Sweden (so itís a left hand drive). It was then used for a wedding (I have photos of the restoration etc) and then left to mature (it was covered in green moss when I got it!!). I also had to change a track rod.

As it was a rescue mission for me I havenít got the time to finish it off (I already have 2 other vans). Finishing this van off will certainly be a pleasure for someone, and because it has an MOT it can be used whilst the body work is tidied up.

I believe some/all of the interior is the Devon interior. Iím not an expert on this and I donít know if there are bits missing. There is the rock and roll bed with the extra wooden piece that extends to the rear parcel shelf, there is a cupboard with a sink in it. There are also two other storage cupboards.

If it is a devon interior it would be fun and worthwhile to get any bits that are missing.I donít want to get bogged down with whether it is ĎDevoní stuff or not. The important thing is itís a useable camper that can be slept in, that is roadworthy and that is ready to enjoy.

If I was keeping the van, I would restore it to a high quality and the following areas would need looking at.:
Bubbling on right rear corner, Bubbling on drivers door (could really do with a repair piece), bubbling on passenger door (not too bad). A 2 inch hole in the rear left wheel arch. A bit of rot on drivers side ĎAípost. Some bubbling on corner of lower front panel. The good news is the guttering is fine, and as I said the underneath of the van is in great shape.

It has a ĎBí code engine which I believe is a 1600. It pulls really well and the gearbox is fine. It is running IRS on the back, to reflect that it has been lowered tastefully.

I have priced it very fairly at £14,950 because I really donít have the space for it and would like someone else to enjoy this lovely van.

Iíd rather you call me to discuss because it is quicker and easier, so if you are serious, give me a call. Like it said the body work needs tidying but it can be used as is.

The camper is located in Swindon.

Richard 07809 462165
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160112_132858.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	159930   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160112_132951.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	159938   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160112_133042.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	159946   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160112_133049.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	159954  
Richardjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2016, 05:54 PM   #2
Richardjay
Chat Slapper

Just done the bushes on the gear shift and put new windscreen wipers on. Great bus for this price
Old 26-01-2016, 06:01 PM   #3
Richardjay
Chat Slapper

Underneath is rock solid no welding required

Old 01-02-2016, 08:14 PM   #4
Richardjay
Chat Slapper

*** NOW SOLD****