Rustoleum Beetle Summer 09 project - Page 33 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Readers Rides

Readers Rides Post pics, specs and build-up stories of your vehicles - or even your garages here. Also interesting stuff about your 'daily drivers' etc. or interesting cars you have seen on your travels, even motors-based TV shows you can recommend. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 18-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #321
camparikiller
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

Carpets finished today:-

Was gonna go out in it for a bit but opened up the boot to do the carpet in there and noticed that I had petrol literally GUSHING out of the filler neck and down the side into the spare wheel well

Filled up yesterday to go on a 200 mile drive, glad I cancelled it or that could have got messy

Lost about 5 litres on the drive I reckon, maybe more. Proper shit myself. Have just bunged up the petrol filler and await some new fat hose. I did the seals recently with some new ones but I think the hose itself has split.

might try and pick some up from a supplier at Volksworld next Saturday.
Old 18-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #322
SJC3101
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (1)

Just read this from the start, what a brilliant job you've done and I love that white beading...

Have you forgotten about all that sanding now? Might be like childbirth, sore at the time but you forget about it when you see the end result (not that I would have a clue about that, I didn't feel a thing with either of my kids ).
SJC3101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #323
camparikiller
Seasoned Chat Slut

Thread back from the dead? Possibly....

Since last year I have become a dad and got married, and moved back home to Dorset, and obviously have no time to work on the Bug which has been sat in my garage for a year. To my shame I have been driving a 1995 Fiat Punto as my daily for the last year. But it only cost me 200.

Trying to get an MOT on the Bug at the moment though. Recently changed over the spindle and got a new disc for the front, as I was having endless problems with the wheel coming off every so often... I think the disc must have been knackered from the first time it happened.

Got a new fuel pump from Heritage, one of the new EU made ones, seems ok, although it's a bit daft having the outlet pipe point directly at the dizzy cap. I recon'd the original one last year with a rebuild kit but the diaphragm must have gone in the meantime of not being used, cos the oil was full of fuel again.

Here's a picture.

Once MOT'd, I will use my lunch breaks to start on some wiring upgrades, I already bought the parts for the headlight relay wiring upgrade. Also got new HT leads, changed the genny back over to the original one (could never get my other one to line up properly, it was causing fan belts to rub and spray fluff all over my engine bay)

One day I will redo this in Gulf colours also. Likely in another 4 years.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:11 PM   #324
andy198712
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (4)

cool thread, thanks for taking the time
andy198712 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #325
camparikiller
Seasoned Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy198712 View Post
cool thread, thanks for taking the time
No worries

I finally got to put some dropped spindles on it the other week. Also put 145 65 R15 tyres on it too. Looks good. Rear is stock, I'm not going to mess with it anymore.

Maybe some fat tyres for the back, not sure what I can get away with on steel wheels though

Old 08-05-2014, 12:48 AM   #326
psimitar
Help! I'm trapped in here

If ya get 5.5J steels then 195/65 Will fit easily.

My '59 Beetle Resto Part I

My '59 Beetle Resto Part II

56 Oval Resto
psimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:10 AM   #327
vw_beetle_dave
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (4)

dude ill lower the rear for you . just bring it over to mine when im free and ill do it. looks good. you do need to fix up the paint as the last time i saw it was a bit flat and tired
Reply Post New Thread