Electrics iPod dock Golf Mk 5 advice - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Tech Forums > Watercooled Mechanical Tech

Watercooled Mechanical Tech A Q & A Forum devoted to Watercooled Mechanical Issues. Golfs, Sciroccos, Polos, T4s, T5s etc. You know the score, got a problem? Ask here. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 31-08-2019, 12:05 PM   #1
Landyman
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (0)

Default iPod dock Golf Mk 5 advice

Hi everyone, I have a 2008 Golf TDI that has an OEM iPod dock under the armrest between the front seats. It is designed for the old Apple 30 Pin connector in the old iPods and early iphones. I want to replace with an AUX in so I can connect phone via headphone jack plug in 3.5mm. There are 9 cables coming from the dock to a plug that connects to the harness. Is there any easy way to plug an adapter into the harness ? (versus remove the RCD 300 radio and connect an AUX into the back of the head unit)

I really want to avoid having to remove the dash fascia
Landyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:24 AM   #2
callaghan
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (1)

Something like this ?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223602997218
callaghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:05 AM   #3
Landyman
Chat Slapper

thank you.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:43 PM   #4
Landyman
Chat Slapper

Interesting - the cheap Chinese leads get mixed reviews. There is a firm in the US that sells a Dension box that connects direct to the existing VW wiring harness using a 12 pin plug, replacing the now obsolete iPod dock. Does anyone have experience of this solution? The firm is called Enfig car stereo in Carlstadt, New Jersey. The Dension UK website is not helpful at all.
Reply Post New Thread