VW Action Brads Charity Auction! - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Closed Thread Post New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 09:03 AM   #1
Dave Dorson
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (4)

Default VW Action Brads Charity Auction!

So every year I do a bike for VW Actions Charity Auction, and this year I'd hoped to do either a Chopper or a Burner, but some toerag has had other ideas and nicked a load of my frames and bike gear , seems I'm having ALL the luck right now.

As such I'm going to build up a old school looking BMX with parts I can beg, borrow etc. All the photo's of the parts I've gathered to do this are on an SD Card at my unit, so I'll do a full picture dump of the build up when I get a chance, either tomorrow or at the weekend.

But, Chrome. Blue Mag Wheels with old school tyres, laid back seat post, old school handle bars leant forward.. it'll look ace, might even throw in some neon accessories for the lucky rider.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:09 AM   #2
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (2)

Nice one Dave.

Can anybody else who has lots/donations for the auction please list them here - so we keep to one thread.

As folk add stuff - we will also take bids for items on this thread too.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #3
utting30
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

as always dave xx
good to see you yesterday m8
Old 01-08-2019, 11:53 PM   #4
BrownBUG

Trading feedback: (3)

I'm more than happy to offer up for auction a mounted (but unframed) image of Nef's pinstriping on the bonnet of my brown bug.

This piece get's quite a lot of attention and is photographed often, so much so I suggested Nef add his signature as he'd only done the rear piece. This shot was taken at a Royal County Car Club meet by a semi pro photographer and mounted for me.

The picture shows the details but add 3" all around to include the mount. Picture is about 450x350mm landscape.

As a tribute to Nef's artistry I think this is a great example and I hope it raises a few s.

http://www.royalcountyautosupply.co.uk

TWON's fund raising for Brad's - https://www.justgiving.com/MrVZi-2013

Royal County Auto Supply promise to donate at least 2 (or 5% of any profit) for every purchase during 2016 from VZi members.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:38 AM   #5
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBUG View Post
I'm more than happy to offer up for auction a mounted (but unframed) image of Nef's pinstriping on the bonnet of my brown bug.

This piece get's quite a lot of attention and is photographed often, so much so I suggested Nef add his signature as he'd only done the rear piece. This shot was taken at a Royal County Car Club meet by a semi pro photographer and mounted for me.

The picture shows the details but add 3" all around to include the mount. Picture is about 450x350mm landscape.

As a tribute to Nef's artistry I think this is a great example and I hope it raises a few s.
Nice one dude . . . I'll open the bidding at 20.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:43 PM   #6
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

For the first time in 30 years I used oil paint on canvas.

Most of my recent illustrations have been using a tablet and stylus (handy for 'undo' when one makes a mistake) and prior to that, with an airbrush - earlier this year I bought some oils and canvases and tried to remember how to paint. My first effort is this...

I really hope there's at least one Amy fan out there who will bid on it for a good cause.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8685.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	266201  
Old 02-08-2019, 06:52 PM   #7
mr slug

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (3)

Great work Brian, that is fantastic
Old 02-08-2019, 09:14 PM   #8
utting30
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

you under estimate how good you are bri,
simply stunning m8
Old 03-08-2019, 08:48 AM   #9
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr slug View Post
Great work Brian, that is fantastic
Quote:
Originally Posted by utting30 View Post
you under estimate how good you are bri,
simply stunning m8
Thanks guys.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:06 AM   #10
mickB
Plastic Manc Glory Hunter

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Burrows View Post
For the first time in 30 years I used oil paint on canvas.

Most of my recent illustrations have been using a tablet and stylus (handy for 'undo' when one makes a mistake) and prior to that, with an airbrush - earlier this year I bought some oils and canvases and tried to remember how to paint. My first effort is this...

I really hope there's at least one Amy fan out there who will bid on it for a good cause.
I love it Bri, I'll open at 50 its superb work