Volkszone Forum banner

Help with laser cutting.

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Brian Burrows 
#1 ·
I need a bit of help with some laser cutting.
Have found a guy that can do a little job for me for £20, but he needs a “file” made - I just don’t know anything about that shizzle.

Can anyone here make me a suitable file please, and if so how much would you charge.

Alternatively, could anyone here make a file and make the bit I need?

I need a piece of 2 or 3mm mild steel sheet, about 120mm x 60mm with ‘25L’ cut into it.
The numerals need to be 20mm high, 12mm wide and about 4mm thick. Spaced out with 7mm between them.

It is to make a simple press tool to emboss a piece of .8mm think MS sheet.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Send over your email address Slug, I'll pop it over for you :)

edit- got bored at a meeting so bashed it out. tried 4mm thickness, seemed a bit "bold" compared to your pics so have made a 3mm one and a 4mm one for you, pics attached.

Link to download DXF files, should be readable by your guy::

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aru_kpHYAWgWnUvjSTT7bbqdyEdU?e=A2tvWp

Attachments

#4 ·
Update.

Thanks to lovely, generous Mr Happystamps, and his lovely tech file.

I have embossed the front deck of the VW166, and although it isn’t perfect, I am pretty happy with the result.

Some careful finishing with a dremil and I am sure it will be indistinguishable from the original :D

Thanks again HS, I owe you you feller :)

Attachments

#5 ·
Update.

Thanks to lovely, generous Mr Happystamps, and his lovely tech file.

I have embossed the front deck of the VW166, and although it isn't perfect, I am pretty happy with the result.

Some careful finishing with a dremil and I am sure it will be indistinguishable from the original :D

Thanks again HS, I owe you you feller :)
Excellent! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.