Small business Jet washing - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > VZi Small Business Forum

VZi Small Business Forum Volkszone has many entrepreneurs, self-employed and those who run their own companies. Please use this forum to ask (and answer) any small business related questions - employment law, tax laws, insurance, marketing, council rates, etc. Please DO NOT use it to tout for business or to plug your own company (please use the Yellow Pages forum for this) - any blatant 'plug' posts will be deleted and the posters may be reprimanded further. This is the ONLY warning you will receive - the idea is to help each others' businesses, not to take advantage - so please play nice.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 12:13 PM   #1
winchman
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (1)

Default Small business Jet washing

My son winchboy is working but trying to save for a Landrover so has the idea of making his fortune jet washing drives etc at weekends any thoughts? Pit falls inspiration?
winchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:25 PM   #2
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchman View Post
My son winchboy is working but trying to save for a Landrover so has the idea of making his fortune jet washing drives etc at weekends any thoughts? Pit falls inspiration?
There's always money to be earned - as plenty of folk don't have time to do it themselves, or just can't be bothered.

Posting leaflets through letterboxes might drum up some work - and I'd suggest he gets some some of 'third party' insurance.

Talk to fuchs lee on here about that maybe? He's a very helpful guy on insurance matters.

https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/member...etinfo&u=19495

I wish him well.
Brian Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:57 PM   #3
fuchs lee
I really must get out more

Thanks Brian,

Hi Winchman.

It sounds like a good plan to me.

Public liability would be recommended as there's potential to cause damage to property or members of the public.

For about 120 your son could get a 2,000,000 public liability cover. If he wanted to include cover for for tools and plant that he owns then you're looking around 200. the policy I'd recommend includes products being worked upon which is excluded by most insurers.

I'm happy to chat if you want a full quotation or some further information.

Lee

Giving advice to business' of all sizes.
fuchs lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2018, 10:05 PM   #4
winchman
Chat Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuchs lee View Post
Thanks Brian,

Hi Winchman.

It sounds like a good plan to me.

Public liability would be recommended as there's potential to cause damage to property or members of the public.

For about 120 your son could get a 2,000,000 public liability cover. If he wanted to include cover for for tools and plant that he owns then you're looking around 200. the policy I'd recommend includes products being worked upon which is excluded by most insurers.

I'm happy to chat if you want a full quotation or some further information.

Lee
Thanks Lee thats very kind of you to take the time, I will show him
winchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread