Nefarious/Simon's Funeral - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 07:57 PM   #1
Brian Burrows
Older

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (2)

Arrow Nefarious/Simon's Funeral

Simon's funeral will take place at Santa Pod Raceway on the 31st July at 12.00 noon.

This will be a celebration of Simon's life and a chance to pay our respects - and take in one last drink of tea or rum with him.

Everyone is welcome, if you would like to attend, please dress as you would if you were going for a drink with him - and please bring your bike, 'dub, hot rod or regular car with you.

During the service you will have the chance to place a sticker on Simon's coffin. This can be any sticker you like. There will also be some stickers at the service, where you can write your own message, should you choose to.

The gates will open at Santa Pod at 11.00am. Simon will arrive at 12.00 midday. We can stay until the sun goes down - no rush.

Please arrive in good time to place/park your vehicle on the drag strip to form a 'guard of honour'.

There will be food and the bar will be open.

Please, no flowers - just donations to his choice of charity - Brad's Cancer Foundation - https://www.justgiving.com/bradscancerfoundation

Simon’s family hope you will come to join them on this special day.

If you have any questions please message me or contact: Grant Pinney at County Funerals - https://countyfunerals.co.uk/
Brian Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:13 PM   #2
pedalcarjoe
Help! I'm trapped in here

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (13)

I'm not too sure I'll find the right words for this but I'll try

A very fitting tribute to a great guy who will be missed by us all, those that met him and those that didn't, he touched all our lives one way or another

R.I.P. Simon
pedalcarjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:19 PM   #3
spelllbound

Trading feedback: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalcarjoe View Post

A very fitting tribute to a great guy who will be missed by us all, those that met him and those that didn't, he touched all our lives one way or another

R.I.P. Simon
This ^^^^^ for me aswell...

RIP Simon

Brad's Cancer Foundation...Helping out kids, can you?
spelllbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:43 PM   #4
utting30
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

we,ll be there,
nothing will stop us being there for nef, was, is and will always be a top bloke who we will miss terribly ,
he was always there for brads cf and we are so touched mandy has decided to make his funeral donations to us , means so much to us .
brads crew xx
utting30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:10 PM   #5
thirteen-o-two
ready for the off....

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by utting30 View Post
we,ll be there,
he was always there for brads cf and we are so touched mandy has decided to make his funeral donations to us , means so much to us .
brads crew xx
As will I and I am not surprised by Mandy's choice of charity it's what he would have wanted.
thirteen-o-two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:55 AM   #6
dubwise

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (4)

thanks for the heads up on what's happening bri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalcarjoe View Post
I'm not too sure I'll find the right words for this but I'll try

R.I.P. Simon
well said ernie
dubwise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:46 AM   #7
smull
Retired Mr.Vzi

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (25)

Sounds like he’s going out in style. Hope it all goes well.

R.i.p.

https://www.facebook.com/fatpugcreative/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twon View Post
No man is an island. Except Barry. Barry Island is an island.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happystamps View Post
Not wanting to be a cunt, and I know it's a quote, but...

Barry Island is a peninsula.
smull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #8
Lead Foot Lucy
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (0)

A very appropriate way to say farewell to someone who was so obviously very well thought of. Hope all goes well.
Lead Foot Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:32 PM   #9
Dave Dorson

Trading feedback: (4)

I really struggle with funerals, but I'm going to see if I can get the day booked off.

Sounds like very fitting arrangements. Simon was always a gent, even in roller skates dressed as a nun.

He's going to be very sorely missed.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:57 PM   #10
Nige G

Trading feedback: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dorson View Post
I really struggle with funerals, but I'm going to see if I can get the day booked off.

Sounds like very fitting arrangements. Simon was always a gent, even in roller skates dressed as a nun.

He's going to be very sorely missed.
Me too Dave but I'll be there.

He touched so many people's lives in all sorts of ways, I'm sure there will be a great turn out to say goodbye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomD View Post
you leather clad puppy of mystery.
Nige G is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread