1303s beetle limited edition, project. It's too nice to break - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Volkszone Classifieds > Vehicles For Sale

Vehicles For Sale If you have a Vehicle for Sale or are looking for something - Take a Browse Around. Private sales only please. Commercial and 'regular' sellers, please take a banner advert or become a Member Sponsor and support the site before running your 'business' or 'just selling' through VZi. VZi Classifieds were originally set up as a 'free to use' facility for the members who contribute with threads and replies in the Mech Tech, Chat and Readers Rides forums etc. As VZi has got bigger, we see more and more new Members who ONLY ever post in the Classifieds and contribute nothing (neither monetary nor in content) to the forums. This is fine, however to use our facility this way you will need to become a Member Sponsor.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
kayd

Trading feedback: (0)

Default 1303s beetle limited edition, project. It's too nice to break

1303s Limited Edition "Big Beetle" For Sale

check out these links for details of the "Big beetle"
http://www.thedriverfamily.co.uk/Big...tleArticle.htm
http://www.sebeetles.com/

For sale is a 1974 M reg with a 1600cc engine (starts first time) in Metallic Blue.

I bought this as a runner for myself but too big a job for me. I'd love to keep it but have nowhere to store it.

Needs welding for Mot. Passed on everything else except a tyre.

Nice car, don't want to break it, so selling cheap, hope someone will restore it.

600 ono Brighton.

It also has a steering wheel believed to be a 'formula vee' apparently quite rare and worth a hundred quid on it's own.
Also has a sports exhaust fitted. Interior has a few tears but is original.

Heater channels appear to be fine.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
kayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #2
65_1200

will you sell the wheel sepratly?
65_1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #3
APS
Chat Slapper

Kayd, where abouts is it ?
APS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2007, 06:00 PM   #4
kayd

Car is in Hove next to Brighton.

Steering wheel comes with the car sorry.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:40 PM   #5
BeetleBurnsy

I like it alot! don't suppose you could send more pictures to me if possible? Daniel AT burns-uk.com is my email address. Where abouts are you based? Cheers, Dan
BeetleBurnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:19 PM   #6
kayd

Dan - More photos sent.

Location is Brighton and Hove.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:22 PM   #7
oasis
Chat Virgin

What sort of welding does it need?

Would you be willing to ship it to the states? And if so, how much extra?

Very interested.
oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:48 PM   #8
kayd

Hi there

Ok the welding - it needs area where front suspension meets framehead both sides, rear passenger footwell, one of the areas near where seatbelt is mounted, 2 x rear suspension mount covers, and patch to wheel arch, also brake cable is insufficently supported (I think this may just need clips). It also needs a tyre or two. Sorry for not being technical but I can't find the MOT failure sheet.

I think I have remembered it all, but will try and find the sheet anyway.

As far as sending it to the states, yes I am willing to. I live within a couple of hours of Portsmouth/Southampton so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to go about it, or how much extra it would be, but I may be able to find out. (Unless someone else on the forums can give us an idea???)
Old 08-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #9
oasis
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayd
Ok the welding - it needs area where front suspension meets framehead both sides, rear passenger footwell, one of the areas near where seatbelt is mounted, 2 x rear suspension mount covers, and patch to wheel arch, also brake cable is insufficently supported (I think this may just need clips). It also needs a tyre or two. Sorry for not being technical but I can't find the MOT failure sheet.

I think I have remembered it all, but will try and find the sheet anyway.
Thanks. I will run this by a few people including the one that may be doing the work. If you find the sheet, that would be good, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayd
As far as sending it to the states, yes I am willing to. I live within a couple of hours of Portsmouth/Southampton so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to go about it, or how much extra it would be, but I may be able to find out.
I will ask around here, too. Knowing Portsmouth/Southampton would be the port of departure should be a plus.

Thank you for your willingness on this.

It may be a day or so before I get back on. If you sell this to someone else, please indicate that here or fire me a PM. In the meantime, I have some checking to do, too.
oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #10
kayd

Hi, just waiting for some quotes about the shipping
Reply Post New Thread