Schmeil1's 1302s project - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Readers Rides

Readers Rides Post pics, specs and build-up stories of your vehicles - or even your garages here. Also interesting stuff about your 'daily drivers' etc. or interesting cars you have seen on your travels, even motors-based TV shows you can recommend. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
schmeil1
Seasoned Chat Slut

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (1)

Default Schmeil1's 1302s project

The start of another project thread

I've been looking for a good solid tax exempt 1302/03 for a few months and finally settled on this 1302s

A long trip to Portsmouth with Stroke It (Thanks Dan ) and a quick chat with Wolksvagen, and the deal was done

The Plan

Before travelling down to Portsmouth I met up with turbo bug (cheers Matt) and took this off him

It's a JMR built 2276 (and star of the recent Volksworld 'How to's... )
I think this motor deserves to be hooked up with a 5-speed, so that is on the list, but the first thing to sort will be brakes and suspension.
It needs to come down a couple of inches at the front and the plan is to upgrade to discs at the rear. (It already has discs at the front )
The body and paint are pretty good though I think I will lose the indicators from the top of the front wings so a trip up to Day Mouldings could be in order.
Ultimately I would love a set of JGE GeeBees to go on, but I've just been offered a set of 4 stud BRM's (thanks Dan D) so they will do for starters.
The plan is to create a bit of a sleeper. The intention is to keep it as a 'rolling' project as much as possible and the overriding ethos is 'go not show'

Still not driving my Buggy (though now taxed), but my 1302 is now fixed and taxed and I've now taken delivery done over 70,000 miles in my 2016 Tiguan
schmeil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
schmeil1
Seasoned Chat Slut

VZi Member Sponsor

Currently has a set of 7x15 steelies on it (on loan from Stroke It - thanks again Dan )

Still not driving my Buggy (though now taxed), but my 1302 is now fixed and taxed and I've now taken delivery done over 70,000 miles in my 2016 Tiguan
Old 09-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #3
devildriver
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

Hi Neil i had a quick eyeball of your new motor the other day and very nice it is too. That engine is the nuts also

Old 09-02-2007, 09:02 PM   #4
schmeil1
Seasoned Chat Slut

VZi Member Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildriver
Hi Neil i had a quick eyeball of your new motor the other day and very nice it is too. That engine is the nuts also
Cheers Ryan
It'll be a little while before it all starts coming together, though I think I've got a good base car to start with.
But I know I'm going to want that engine in sooner rather than later. 1600cc is just not enough
Old 14-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #5
gingerbeetle
Seasoned Chat Slut

hi neil, popped over to dans today and heard of the new project, there might be a lil sex wee on your engine sorry!

hey everybody...come see how good i look!
gingerbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #6
polo taxi
Chat Slapper

looks cooll man love the steels
polo taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 10:48 PM   #7
Howard66
VZ Staff

VZi Member Sponsor

Cool, that looks like a superb '02, especially the steel sunroof. LOVE the wheels!!! Stealth look?
1970 Triumph Spitfire IV
1962 Austin Mini De-Lux
1962 MGA 1600 Mark II
1965 Mobylette SP50
1985 Sinclair C5
Howard66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 12:35 AM   #8
YoungL
Wannabe Chat Slut

Hey Neil 02 looks sweet, very sweet! That engine looks awesome too although you knows it would look much sweeter in an early cal-looker! But you will listen to that Mr Simpson! Dont let him touch that engine will ya...or at least dont let him go near the flywheel nut!!

Looks sweet with the steelies dude, stealth look, love it! Needs droping tho, i've seen higher riding baja's!

YoungL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
Japeto
Chat Slapper

Is that the same engine that I saw yesterday bolted up to a black 03? I'm sure it was!

look forward to the progress on this thread Neil
Old 16-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #10
Stroke It

Well Neil what can i add, maybe you should listen to the likes of (young l ) he has had so many 02s @03s ?has'nt he ?? all modified??
the trouble with the cal look fraternity is they like the looks & going fast in a straight line, where as the 02/03 like there cars to handle well & go fast as well, how many young lads i know knock 03s etc but have never owned one or driven one especially if its been modified ive had all models tried most mods over the last 30 years i th
nk i can say what IMHO is a better bug
Stroke It is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread