1965/6 Pearl White Beetle (Snowy?) Project - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Readers Rides

Readers Rides Post pics, specs and build-up stories of your vehicles - or even your garages here. Also interesting stuff about your 'daily drivers' etc. or interesting cars you have seen on your travels, even motors-based TV shows you can recommend. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
kafer-k
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

Default 1965/6 Pearl White 1300 Beetle (Snowflake)

Ok here we have our 66 bug, its been in a garage for 14years and has 61162 miles on the clock. It was bought new by my girlfriend's great uncle who passed it on to her dad who has, in turn, given it to her, so its destined to be a family heirloom!

All in all its pretty solid from what I can tell so we are very excited about getting it back on the road. As you will see it experienced a bit of cosmetic damage along one side and the offside door and wings have been replaced. The engine (a 1300 Fcode) had much work done to it back in June '94 but was driven once after this for about 50 miles. Apparently it got really hot so it was towed to the garage where it has rested ever since...........

Last edited by kafer-k; 05-11-2008 at 01:44 PM..
kafer-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #2
kafer-k
Wannabe Chat Slut

The first daylight after 14years!
Old 03-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #3
kafer-k
Wannabe Chat Slut

Its better side

Old 03-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
kafer-k
Wannabe Chat Slut

A peak of the interior (the front rubber mat is also about somewhere, along with the decklid and a few other bits and pieces)

Old 03-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #5
Tingly Bill
I'm not an addict... honest!

looks like an excellent project, theres nothing like a low mileage, low owner bug. i have a 63 in pearl white with about the same mileage, it was owned by just a father and son before me. its very solid and bizarrely it also has had the drivers side door replaced due to accident damage!
Tingly Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #6
kafer-k
Wannabe Chat Slut

That face says it all!
Old 03-11-2008, 07:04 PM   #7
kafer-k
Wannabe Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tingly Bill View Post
looks like an excellent project, theres nothing like a low mileage, low owner bug. i have a 63 in pearl white with about the same mileage, it was owned by just a father and son before me. its very solid and bizarrely it also has had the drivers side door replaced due to accident damage!
Awesome! Id love to see a before and after pic of that
Old 04-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #8
kafer-k
Wannabe Chat Slut

Next step was to get snowy loaded up and off to where I'll be working on her. This is the point when I realised I didn't like the idea of using the winch in fear of damaging something so we gave it a good push instead!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:13 PM   #9
kafer-k
Wannabe Chat Slut

She's up and secure, hoorah!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
kafer-k
Wannabe Chat Slut

Just noticed the high level sidelights up by the windows which I've not come across before - anyone know anything about these? they've got VW and Hella markings on the base and lense.
Reply Post New Thread