VW Bus Stop - BLOODY AWESOME! - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Chat/Discussion

Chat/Discussion Kind of like a VW club online - you can sit in our virtual pub and talk about whatever you want to. All opinions are valid, but please no insulting (other than to our intelligence,) abusive or libellous posts. Please feel free to post your opinion on any given subject, but also be aware that others have the equal right to disagree with you - and some will certainly tell you so. No 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your business, links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (please use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled "What's my car worth?" threads too (please use the 'Dude! What's My Car Worth?' forum) - and please don't use just to post links to other VW forums or websites - we are aware that other sites exist (obviously), but blatant 'plugs' (poaching) will simply be deleted.

Machine 7, high quality air-cooled  restoration and performance parts
Reply Post New Thread

Old 19-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
beckysbug
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (0)

Talking VW Bus Stop - BLOODY AWESOME!

Hi guys

Just got back from the show and it was spot on!!!

The general vibe was brilliant and felt very welcome by all the organsiers/people working there.

The general stalls/traders were a little sparse, but hey, its the first show! there was enough there to check out, and some great alternative food stalls (nice change from the usual burger bars)

£10 a van was an absolute bargin we would be more then happy to pay double that next year! (free entry for day visitors),

A load of the dubbers are cutrrently on a cruise to eastbourne for 'eastbourne extreme' and another nights camping ......yes this was all for £10 a van/bug! we would have loved to gone to eastbourne and another nights camping, but other commitments got in the way

We hope it was a sucess for the organsiers and hope VW Bus Stop 2010 goes ahead!
beckysbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
trebus
I'm not an addict... honest!

I went saturday afternoon,It looked like a nice chilled camping weekend.I'd go and camp next year.
the site....

I ended up parked next to my old bay
trebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
Ash134
Chat Slapper

Have to agree looked like a nice relaxed weekend. Only went on saturday afternoon due to engine probs with my bus. Was gonna pop down Eastbourne seafront this afternoon to see the show and shine but the weather isnt looking too clever.
Hopefully this show will be bigger and better next year , could probably do witha few more traders selling vw bits .
Ash134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
rat-look-blue
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (2)

I think this one will be in my diary for next year ! We were considering going but just needed to be at home this weekend!
rat-look-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
beatnick
Chat Slapper

Agreed. This was a top show ,really nicely organised,great atmosphere, nice place.All for charity as well.The raffle was a laugh with shed loads of prizes, i missed the auction but i gather it went well.All in all a great chilled time to meet old friends and make new ones.
Top marks to Dean and all that helped.
Thanks folks
Nick
website www.campersagogo.net
beatnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
Rich Oakley
I really must get out more

Trading feedback: (3)

Great show! Pity I had to spend most of Saturday afternoon fixing my bus there.
Rich Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #7
Overdubbed
Chat Slapper

Didn't go as my hand is still in a splint after an op. Got the lady to drive us to Eastbourne to see the show'n'shine - a very good range of busses/bugs etc... Weather really good too and free to get in plus loads of other sporty things going on and bands and..... be there next year!
Overdubbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #8
bugboybenji
Chat Slapper

We Popped along for the day on the Saturday, Really nice little show and free day entry made it a whole lot better.
Got a few autojumble bargains as well

1973 1300 1975 Eriba Puck

------------------------------------------------
The end of this thread
------------------------------------------------
bugboybenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #9
andy_k
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (7)

yep, fully agree it was a great start

which is why I started this thread

wouldn't it be nice if people checked for a thread before starting another one? - just like on other forums
Old 19-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #10
phade
I really must get out more

I agree with everyone else, it was a great show and I really enjoyed my day there yesterday with some of the SLACKERS lot too I had a great laugh especially when we tried out a pair of heelies with varying degrees of success.

The second band was excellent too (I couldn't stay there too late unfortunately).

I'm just getting the photos off my card and will be starting a separate thread with my photos on a photobucket link.

My non VW rides: 1985 Reliant Rialto 2 Estate, 1988 Reliant Rialto SE Hatch, 2007 CitroŽn C1
phade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread