My first Beetle :D 1303s Moss green metallic - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Readers Rides

Readers Rides Post pics, specs and build-up stories of your vehicles - or even your garages here. Also interesting stuff about your 'daily drivers' etc. or interesting cars you have seen on your travels, even motors-based TV shows you can recommend. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
nathanoneill
Chat Slapper

Trading feedback: (0)

Default My first Beetle :D 1303s Moss green metallic

I GOT MY FIRST BUG
I got a 1303s moss green metallic 1600cc. I got it from a lady who had 2 kids and when i brought the car she started crying she said the bug was original lol my mates dad (Dan Simpson) drove it back from Rochester to Ash in Kent
I got the original receipt for the beetle and lodes more (as in pic)
I started work on the beetle and when i looked at the floor pans, heat channels, and everything else it was ok
iv got plans to do the beetle up really nice. cant wait to get it on the road.
I passed my driving test to day so all i have to do is save up for my insurance and ill be away really cant wait sooooo goooood lol

Last edited by nathanoneill; 12-01-2011 at 11:25 PM..
nathanoneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
strokeit
Chat Slapper

Nice to see you on hear Nathan, keep up with the info, having a good look at this 03 its in very good original condition , never been painted, a couple of small repairs but pans and heater channels are the best ive seen in a long time,well done on passing your test today as well, what a good start for a young veedubber.
Good luck mate.
Dan.
strokeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
Phil69
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (3)

Excellent!!! Nice looking beetle fella!!
Hope you have as much fun fixing her up as driving her!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:54 PM   #4
Last Triumph

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (8)

That looks very original and well kept - it's your car dude, but please resist the temptation to make mods that are irreversible.

What are your plans with it?
Last Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
Phil69

Trading feedback: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Triumph View Post
That looks very original and well kept - it's your car dude, but please resist the temptation to make mods that are irreversible.

What are your plans with it?
I agree. You may not. But it's your bug and if you like the end result that's what matters.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #6
strokeit
Chat Slapper

Hi all.
I know this is Nathans thred, but I will be keeping an eye on his progress, you know what youngsters are like, big stereo,slamed, bucket seats,daft colour etc,etc. NO, The plan is to address any rust, get it mechanically perfect, take every nut and bolt out one by one, spray waxoyl up the holes then copper grease the bolts put them back, then waxoyl the car.
Ive suggested keep it the same colour and trim, he likes Christian seltsers marathon blue 1303rs and Gerd weisers 1302s so it will be along those lines, body off in 2 years we hope
cheers for the comments.
Dan.
strokeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
Last Triumph

VZi Member Sponsor

Trading feedback: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokeit View Post
Hi all.
I know this is Nathans thred, but I will be keeping an eye on his progress, you know what youngsters are like, big stereo,slamed, bucket seats,daft colour etc,etc. NO, The plan is to address any rust, get it mechanically perfect, take every nut and bolt out one by one, spray waxoyl up the holes then copper grease the bolts put them back, then waxoyl the car.
Ive suggested keep it the same colour and trim, he likes Christian seltsers marathon blue 1303rs and Gerd weisers 1302s so it will be along those lines, body off in 2 years we hope
cheers for the comments.
Dan.
Last Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #8
dc2-dave
Wannabe Chat Slut

Your in good company ,my 1st car was a blue 1303s 24 years ago .

If its got a wooden insert in the dash its a 'big' beetle same as my old one

Last edited by dc2-dave; 11-12-2010 at 05:46 PM..
dc2-dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #9
cox71slammed
Seasoned Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (2)

Default 1303s

Welcome to VZI Nathan. Really pleased you got a Beetle! I remember you saying at Spa this year that you wanted a Bug.Can't wait till Spa in 2012 so we can drive around the circuit again. Congratulations on passing your driving test. Hopefully going to see Dan tomorrow so I can have a good look at your bug.

Phil.
cox71slammed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #10
nathanoneill
Chat Slapper

hi everyone to day i went to have a look at a 1303 beetle witch is being crapped so i got quite a bit of stuff from it bonnet, steering wheel and column, struts, and quite a bit more from the help of dan simpson, and my mate peter simpson thanks
i got some stuff back to day and done some more work on the beetle dan is lending meee a set of deep dish standard wheels witch really look good (pic)
my plans are to get all the welding done soonish go i can get on with the best bit cleaning it lol will be good to give the car a good wax and polish spay some little bits here and there and then git it on the road again :P
ill keep putting more and more pic on as i go
thanks everyone might see you 2moz phill
nathanoneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Post New Thread