Volkszone Forum banner

Very Rusty Bay Project...

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  shielsy 
#1 ·
This was supposedly a solid van with little welding needed :lol: Looks like someone bailed out on it after taking it back to baremetal.

See less See more
#12 ·

It looks better already. Mine was worse than that once I'd removed all the filler and paint. Keep up the good work.
Your bus looked really solid the back of the low loader, at least i know where all the rot is and dont have to go digging. I meant to ask you, did you get your paint finish straight out of the gun? or has it been wet sanded and polished? because it looks suuuuperb.

great resto....i dont expect you to reveal your cost but can you give us an idea what this van will have cost after the mot and its all looking wonderful?
have you given a final agreed fee or are you doing it in between things to keep the cost low?
I mean y didnt your mate go and buy a van all done for say 10k cos its gonna reach that isnt it?

just interested dude
Yup, totally agree, imo these projects make sense when you can do the work yourself. I'd say he'll have over 10k all in when its finished, It would make much more sense to buy one fully restored. But he's happy to pay (and wait) and he knows it been done right with no nasty suprises.

Well done for taking it on - I have just finished all the welding and custom work on mine - it took me a year - all the pics are on here have fun i will follow with interest

Dale
Ive been following your thread Outlaw, really looking forward to seeing it finished... not long now bud!

#10 ·
great resto....i dont expect you to reveal your cost but can you give us an idea what this van will have cost after the mot and its all looking wonderful?
have you given a final agreed fee or are you doing it in between things to keep the cost low?
I mean y didnt your mate go and buy a van all done for say 10k cos its gonna reach that isnt it?

just interested dude

#14 · (Edited)
Thanks chopped:)

All outriggers and jacking points needed replacing and a few crossmembers were shot.

Chassis leg repair.

The lower sliding door runner had already been hacked off by the previous owner, so a lot of trail and error to get the replacment in the right place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.