My beetle 1970 - VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales

Go Back   VW Forum - VZi, Europe's largest VW, community and sales > Community > Readers Rides

Readers Rides Post pics, specs and build-up stories of your vehicles - or even your garages here. Also interesting stuff about your 'daily drivers' etc. or interesting cars you have seen on your travels, even motors-based TV shows you can recommend. Please, no 'For Sale' or 'Want To Buy' ads, plugs for your 'business', links to 'for sale' ads or Ebay links to your (or your mate's) auction (use the VZi 'Classifieds' section) - this also includes thinly veiled 'What's My Car Worth?' threads and "Who Can Sell Me A . . ." posts.

Reply Post New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #1
lamby1992
Wannabe Chat Slut

Trading feedback: (1)

Default My beetle 1970

Hello I have had my beetle for a few years now it was my first car when I was 18 I am now 20 and I'm geting ready to give it a proper restoration I'm not going to be building no show car it's for my self I'm planning on a low rat look on standard wheels I have just been getting a few bits done while I have been looking for a garage to rent. First of I have narrowed the front beam by 2 inches and started a bit of work on the inside
Attached Images

lamby1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #2
lamby1992
Wannabe Chat Slut

. Some bad repaires and rust a bit furthure back so I cut it all out and started to make some panels for it.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
Zebedee
Help! I'm trapped in here

Trading feedback: (6)

Nice work on the front beam.

You'll never be able to weld that cardboard though.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
lamby1992
Wannabe Chat Slut

Haha I will put a pic up of it welded up soon I am of this week so I am sorting the garage out ready for me to get on with it .
Old 10-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
lamby1992
Wannabe Chat Slut

I haven't done a lot on the car at the momment I now have some ware to work on it tho so her is a pic of the beam painted up I am just going pop it on so I can move my car to the garage on Saturday fingers crost. Then the fun begins carnt wait.
Old 14-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #6
lamby1992
Wannabe Chat Slut

Here is a pic of this bit welded up ready for Seem sealing at a later date. . I have put the beem back on ready to move it to the garage I had to see how low it would go haha
Old 14-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
volkswalker
I'm not an addict... honest!

Trading feedback: (36)

nice bug dude like it
we don't stop playing because we get old....
we get old because we stop playing...:group:
volkswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #8
lamby1992
Wannabe Chat Slut

I haven't done a lot on the car at the momment I have just bought some nice back windows for it of oldschool61 of here
And now it's time to get on with it finally have the garage sorted to work on my car I just got it in there this morning going to be its home for 6 months the longest I hope but with a baby due on the 30th of December it's looking less likely. Here is a pic of his new home now it's strip down time.
Old 22-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #9
lamby1992
Wannabe Chat Slut

Bit of a update first few hours on the beetle to night just stripping it down took the bumpers of and the wings of and all of the windows out I am after a bit of advice there are rust holes at the bottem left and right of the windscreen can you buy repair panels for the area or am I going to have make a panel ? Here is a pic thanks hayden
Old 26-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #10
lamby1992
Wannabe Chat Slut

I done a few hours after work to day my plan is to start on the back and work my way to the front my plan is to do all the welding I can on the shell with out taking the body of then take the body of and do the rest here is a few pic I will be doing some more tomorrow after work agen here Is a few hours with the wire wheel on a grinder wich I nearly chewed my face of witch it I hit a bolt and it bounced the grinder up and chewed up my jumper close shave forget what there like when there new.
And then I started to do a bit of welding tacked up rear bumper mount and tried the wing on and here it is weldid up and a bit of primer.
Reply Post New Thread