Volkszone Forum banner
721 - 724 of 724 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Fixing the A pillars looks so much easier with the quarter chopped out. I am so jealous that you can roll up a quarter panel in a couple of hours. I should probably replace both of mine (accident damage), but £330 for the panels seems excessive when I would probably need to chop them up and stick them back together to make them fit the bent car and throw 3/4 of them in the bin.

I love seeing the detail in your threads though. :)

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #723 ·
Thanks

Finished it today. A whole week! But it's a major step forward.
The seam was spot welded, painted then folded over. I braised the bit where it meets the scuttle as per original. A coat or two of paint and it's back outside again.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Wood Fender Rim

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

I've refitted the old door for now just so the car is still water tight. It's never shut or fitted so well! I'm really chuffed.
As for the other side, I de-seamed the A post years ago. At the time I was going to do the whole car but it was such a fiddly time consuming job I gave up! I'm glad I did give up now! Next is probably to finish the door. I've realised that the skin I made ages ago isn't quite right, so a little "tickle" is needed there. Then its the rear 1/4. I want a Sweeny line to be proud of! Lol

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #724 ·
Oh and the engine started straight away, and worked perfectly! I really am fighting the urge to bolt the wings on and drive the thing as it is!

721 - 724 of 724 Posts