Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I really must get out more
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
123ignition distributers on a T1.

My main question is has anyone used these on their T1 engines? I have a 1285 twin port and have been considering it. Would save a lot of wiring and setting up.
Heres the website, www.123ignition.nl

I also have 2 DRLA 36's I bought from a nice man in Italy, I want to stick one on my engine to go in my buggy, I need to buy an inlet manifold to fit it but have been struggling to find one on the interweb. They only seem to come in the kits with Weber IDF's.
Can anyone help me. I'll be selling the other Carb if anyones interested, its in very good condition but will need a re-jet to suit its new home.

Thanks
Phil

·
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would use both seeing as I have them already but I didn't want to over carb a small engine that will be standard internally and could you explain a little more about the problem you discribed. I don't understand what it is, sorry, you gotta learn somewhere! I was going down the single carb route after reading the tips on aircooled.net about offroad vehicles and it will get some use offroad!!
Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
773 Posts
Buggy/Passat said:
My main question is has anyone used these on their T1 engines? I have a 1285 twin port and have been considering it. Would save a lot of wiring and setting up.
Heres the website, www.123ignition.nl

I also have 2 DRLA 36's I bought from a nice man in Italy, I want to stick one on my engine to go in my buggy, I need to buy an inlet manifold to fit it but have been struggling to find one on the interweb. They only seem to come in the kits with Weber IDF's.
Can anyone help me. I'll be selling the other Carb if anyones interested, its in very good condition but will need a re-jet to suit its new home.

Thanks
Phil
Hi,
Don't know if this is a good price, but look at

http://www.streetstyleandpower.com/publicRouter.cfm/loadPage/88?cftoken=93746899&cfid=3223275

about halfway down the page

Astronought :)

·
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks dude.
Thats the one I want. I think I've just received their brouchere but haven't had a chance to read it yet, typical.
Cheers
Phil

·
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone got any advice on the 123 ignition? It seems very few people have used it, its probably the cost but unless you try these things you never know if they work. I'm new to aircooled so I'm not to fussed about thinking outside the box instead of following the same path as the rest of the crowd. Progressive comes from trial and error, well with me it does. lol
I'm sorted with details about inlet manifolds, but still don't know what off idle stumble is!

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Fit both the dels and add 28mm venturis.

Single Del is a bad idea - never popular for the reason as stated above.

You'll still have two Dels when you decide to build a 1776 in 2 years time. Just pop 32 chokes in then ( and matching jets too.

28 Vents are cheap as chips - put an add on the swap shop on the wanted page - posting is a sticky at the top. Most people have 28s because they want to pu the Dels on 1776+ and need 32s or even 34s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts