Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1302 Fuel (injection) tank, which is return pipe?

Hi,
I think i've got a 1302 injection tank, as it has 2 (8mm ish - certainly not 5.5mm or standard fuel line size) outlet tubes. One I've been informed is the fuel return. Now I figured I could just block the fuel return one, or use a T junction pipe shape thing and run the return into the main, as presumably it would have no effect as there is no return fuel. What's the best way, and what;s the best bung for a metal tube on the fuel tank - I was thinking a bolt into a rubber line then cable tie it.

Finally which tube of the two is the fuel return ?

Cheers

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
l.a.r.d said:
hi wanna swap save you the hassle iam after an injection tank have a real good carb tank for straight swap ?????? all the best Lee.
doh! i was gonna say the same

i got 2 tanks for my 1302s, im interested in running bigger lines for when i do turbo/supercharging

·
Banned
4,064 Posts
thats me out then lead boy, is there a higher outlet ??? if so this is the return, if not and they are both level id say the one on the right( if your sitting in the car and its rhd) is the fuel line outlet (maybe ) not sure my self, cant say the bolt in pipe for a block off is a good idea with fuel line my self. all the best lee.

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
is it a new one from GSF?

personally if it was me, i`d T-juction the 2 together then use a GSF fuel filter to convert the 8mm to 6mm beetle line(if your still running original)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a new one from euro car parts, which is probably the same as GSF. Though GSF did assure me it was a carb model tank (I didn't get from them as they couldn't get it in time or something), but I didn't really trust them as all the new tanks for 1302 seem to be injection.

T-junctioning would be easiest for me, however if I went 8-6 fuel filter route, what' the code for that on GSF, as I can't find it.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
code?

its just a fuel T piece :confused: ?

the T piece part number is 18620 but thats for a 6mm one far as i know.

the fuel filter i see they have 3 listed which i dont get why, so you`d have to ring them and explain, normally the ones i buy are just an inline filter and they are stepped in such a way they can be used for either size fuel line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts